Photo

Davids Bridal

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:47 PM

I bought my dress from DB and had a great experience. I think its just like customer service anywhere. Usually good, but there are days. I went during the $99 sale on a Friday afternoon and it wasn't crowded at all. The girls were REALLY nice. I was also able to just start going through the racks picking out the dresses I liked, then while trying them on the consultant would pay attention to the features I liked on dresses and would go get dresses I hadn't picked that she thought might appeal to me.

#12 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:38 AM

davids bridal has been discussed extensively, please use the search function in the top right corner :)

#13 rach220

rach220
    • 532 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:42 AM

Unfortunately, my experience with DB was not so pleasant. Even with an appointment, I waited over an hour just to try on one dress, even though there was no one else in the store. I think it has a lot to do with the one you go to...I'm in CT and there are 3 in my state. I've called the other 2 and the people I've spoken to have been really nice, but my experience with the one closest to me has been awful...I'm still not happy with my dress but really don't want to go back there...
      I think you will be fine though...I have heard some really good things, and their prices are reasonable. I love their BM dress selection too...
      Good luck!

Married July 16, 2009
      Aventura Cove Palace Resort
      Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

#14 nibsmom

nibsmom
      • 564 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:47 AM

I bought my first dress at David's as well, and it was a great experience! The associate I worked with was really nice and helped me find the dress I bought - even though I would have NEVER pulled it off the rack. However, the did NOT tell me that the dress was difficult to alter...which is part of the reason I'm now shopping for a new one.

#15 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
        • 888 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:44 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by rach220
          Unfortunately, my experience with DB was not so pleasant. Even with an appointment, I waited over an hour just to try on one dress, even though there was no one else in the store. I think it has a lot to do with the one you go to...I'm in CT and there are 3 in my state. I've called the other 2 and the people I've spoken to have been really nice, but my experience with the one closest to me has been awful...I'm still not happy with my dress but really don't want to go back there...
          I think you will be fine though...I have heard some really good things, and their prices are reasonable. I love their BM dress selection too...
          Good luck!
          Rachel, which one did you go to? The one in Danbury was awesome to me. I wanna know which ones to avoid in case I get my BM dresses there?

#16 Bridget810

Bridget810
          • 168 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:32 AM

FYI: David's Bridal sells your phone number and email address to other vendors (they make you "register" before you can try on dresses. I get so many annoying phone calls, from 8am and even at 9pm. It's ridiculous! Other than that, my actual experience at David's Bridal was so-so. I went to one that was chaotic, and I was completely miserable, but then I went to another one, and it was much nicer, but I still wasn't really impressed with their service. I personally preferred the smaller boutiques (where I ultimately got my dress). But, of course, it really depends on the specific store!

#17 rach220

rach220
            • 532 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:06 AM

Hey LeAnne...it was the DB in Danbury...I guess it's just hit or miss...I just posted my sob story here though http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35895

Married July 16, 2009
              Aventura Cove Palace Resort
              Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users