Photo

Hilton Brides Unite!

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#71 TammyB

TammyB
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 09:43 AM

I want to know what you didn't and did like about the weddings as well. Kristi, how's you Dad doing now?

Natasha, when do you leave for Cabo?

#72 HBBRIDE

HBBRIDE
    • 87 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 03:16 AM

Hi Natasha,

The first wedding I saw was very simple (which I thought I wanted simple) she did not have a canopy or any type of extras at the ceremony. For me..since i am not getting married in the church I can/want to put a little more into the actual ceremony. We are doing the blending of the sands with our two families.

The second wedding I saw had many details....lots of flowers (which I didn't think I was big on flowers) and alot of little detail. The flowers really looked good down the isle.

I am still deciding on whether or not to wear a veil. One bride had a veil and one didn't. I think no veil and flowers look great!

Also, one bride had bags for everyone to put there shoes...I want a place for everyone to put there shoes while they are on the sand.

It was just little things.....that make you think!
      Kristi

Kristi & MattHilton Los CabosApril 6, 2007www.joinkristiandmattincabo.com

#73 HBBRIDE

HBBRIDE
      • 87 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 03:25 AM

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for asking! My dad had a complete Mastectomy on Oct. 3rd. and is now having preventative chemo. He is in great spirits. His breast cancer did not spread to his lymph nodes which we are so thankful for!!!!

This was huge shock and ordeal for our family. Breast cancer is everywhere however the precentage in males in very small. My dad will have preventative chemo for the next 9 mos.

This was super hard to deal with at first (and at times still is) but we are very thankful that things are looking up for us!! It was hard to think about our wedding when everything was fist happening but now that he is okay....we are SO thankful!!! Now more then ever we want this party to be rockin!!!!
        Kristi

#74 gkashmira

gkashmira
        • 1,962 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 04:22 AM

Kristi - I'm so happy to hear your dad is doing better! That must have been so hard for you - and what a relief to know it didn't spread!

By any chance did you snap any pics of the weddings? What kind of flowers (or color flowers did they do?
          Kashmira & Dan
          Happily married since June 16, 2007
          http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
          Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
          Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#75 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 05 November 2006 - 01:28 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by gkashmira
          By any chance did you snap any pics of the weddings? What kind of flowers (or color flowers did they do?
          you are so bad... to have this compete stranger take all these pics of your wedding

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#76 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 01:42 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by HBBRIDE
            Hi Tammy,

Thanks for asking! My dad had a complete Mastectomy on Oct. 3rd. and is now having preventative chemo. He is in great spirits. His breast cancer did not spread to his lymph nodes which we are so thankful for!!!!

This was huge shock and ordeal for our family. Breast cancer is everywhere however the precentage in males in very small. My dad will have preventative chemo for the next 9 mos.

This was super hard to deal with at first (and at times still is) but we are very thankful that things are looking up for us!! It was hard to think about our wedding when everything was fist happening but now that he is okay....we are SO thankful!!! Now more then ever we want this party to be rockin!!!!
            Kristi, I am so happy to hear he had a successful Mastectomy and is on the road to recovery. How scary for your family, but it sounds like you have a good support system in place. Best of luck with his recovery!

Quote:
            Originally Posted by gkashmira
            Kristi - I'm so happy to hear your dad is doing better! That must have been so hard for you - and what a relief to know it didn't spread!

Kash, you crack me up!

Quote:
            Originally Posted by host
            you are so bad... to have this compete stranger take all these pics of your wedding
            lol- that's what i thought too :)

#77 HBBRIDE

HBBRIDE
            • 87 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 01:43 PM

Of course I have pictures!!! I did feel a little weird taking so many but then when I saw how many strangers stopped to watch....I thought...what the heck.

When I get home tonight I will try and post them...not sure exactly how to do it but I will try.
              Kristi

#78 SASSYGIRL

SASSYGIRL
              • 1,188 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 06:47 PM

You are too cute!!! When went to the hilton for our site visit there were not any weddings going on but they were setting up for a few private parties. It was fun to sit out on our balcony and watch the magic of how it all comes together! My FI and I were nearly falling over the edge to see all the details! Any pictures you could post would be very helpful!

***when it is my wedding day I won't mind if complete strangers take pictures from a distance - I would consider it a complement!*****
                Sarah's little girl-Isabella Nicole-10/31/08
                http://i83.photobuck....sabella034.jpg

#79 gkashmira

gkashmira
                • 1,962 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 08:23 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by host
                  Hee hee hee - you are so right! Imagine the poor girl logging onto the webstie and seeing her OWn wedding posted!

this is what that poor girl would do to me

But would it really be harmful just to post pics of the set-ups?
                  Kashmira & Dan
                  Happily married since June 16, 2007
                  http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
                  Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                  Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#80 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
                  • 402 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 09:01 PM

i think it's funny. no harm done to post other people's wedding pics as long as you aren't dissing them.

we actually had a few people try to crash our cocktail hour. my husband let them eat and everything. he's such a softie!

my brother went upstairs to use the restroom a few times during the reception and said he caught several lurkers trying to check out the party. they were enjoying the music.
                    MariaElena - 10/28/06
                    Hilton / San Jose Catholic Church

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users