Photo

Recommendations for a resort in Cuba

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 sjmacphe

sjmacphe
  • 291 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:03 PM

Hey ladies, I have chosen to go with the Melia Las Dunas - mainly because I have heard great things from several TAs and a few people I know who have been there. I have only been to Mexico, we had a blast this year - but I am looking forward to seeing a different country and what it has to offer. I know our resort is remote, but they still have excursions and I'm sure with the wedding festivities everyone will be busy enough :).

#12 jackobelle

jackobelle
    • 359 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:18 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by sjmacphe
      Hey ladies, I have chosen to go with the Melia Las Dunas - mainly because I have heard great things from several TAs and a few people I know who have been there. I have only been to Mexico, we had a blast this year - but I am looking forward to seeing a different country and what it has to offer. I know our resort is remote, but they still have excursions and I'm sure with the wedding festivities everyone will be busy enough :).

I have never been there, but it is probably a great choice. The Melia chain is very good.

#13 Amarillis

Amarillis
      • 1,913 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:56 AM

I did some site visit reviews on
        - Melia Las Antillas
        - Sirenas La Salinas
        - Barcelo Marina Palace (which is where our DW was)

We have visited several other resorts too... Breezes Bella Costa, Playa D'Oro, Varadero 1920...

Check out my review, the link is in my siggy!

#14 motherofthegroom

motherofthegroom
        • 22 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 07:37 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by sjmacphe
          You will love this area, we were there last Sept/Oct for a week. The beaches are beautiful and although Las Dunas was half closed, what was open was very very nice. We stayed next door at the Melia Cayo Santa Maria, which we just loved, but it is much smaller than Las Dunas. The food was great so I am assuming Las Dunas will be equal at least. You can see my review and a few wedding pics at tripadvisor my username there is bananamamma. Good luck!

#15 motherofthegroom

motherofthegroom
          • 22 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:03 PM

An update to that last post. My son and his fiance have chosen MLD as there destination ! woo hoo. We seem to have lots of people who are going to come on down! it should be a blast. It is a great resort and big so we can all have lots of room to move.

#16 Hopelesslyblissful

Hopelesslyblissful
            • 191 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 09:35 PM

Has anyone been to the Barcelo Solymar in Varadero?
              http://dwdf.daisypath.com/vWwHm6.png

~19 Booked Plus Bride & Groom~

#17 heidi_lk

heidi_lk
              • 80 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:28 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Hopelesslyblissful
                Has anyone been to the Barcelo Solymar in Varadero?
                Were were married at the Solymar. The wedding was perfect!!! The hotel is great for a group setting, lots of room and space. Suited our groups needs which was a group of 22 - mostly between the ages of 20-36. PM me if you have any specific questions or want to see more photos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users