Jump to content
KLC77

My OOT Bags~ the big hits and the things that weren't used

Recommended Posts

Can any previous brides that gave "Bubba" cups and stayed at an AI resort let me know how useful the "Bubbas" were for their guests? I don't want to haul those things all the way down there just to find out that our AI won't let our guests use them or that the guests don't find them useful. Let me know. Thanks to all the other past brides for their tib bits o' help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't been to a destination wedding yet but I can tell you that every time I travel to an AI resort I pack a bubba!  It limits that amount of times you have to get up and it keeps drinks much colder than the small glasses provided by the resorts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by ajhutch View Post

 

I haven't been to a destination wedding yet but I can tell you that every time I travel to an AI resort I pack a bubba!  It limits that amount of times you have to get up and it keeps drinks much colder than the small glasses provided by the resorts.

Thank you my dear!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by melnryluvco View Post

 

Can any previous brides that gave "Bubba" cups and stayed at an AI resort let me know how useful the "Bubbas" were for their guests? I don't want to haul those things all the way down there just to find out that our AI won't let our guests use them or that the guests don't find them useful. Let me know. Thanks to all the other past brides for their tib bits o' help

 

Hey!

 

I haven't given them out in my OOT bags yet, but I ordered 50 of them to take down and give to our guests. I always travel with a bubba, and have never had an issue at an AI resort yet. Usually, people will ask you where you got them while you're down there :) I'm confident that it will be, by far, the most used item in our gift bags!

 

I purchased them online from the manufacturer, and feel we got a pretty good price :) I did it that way vs. hunting them down on sale in stores so that I could get large quantities in the two colours I wanted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Dominican Ally View Post

 

 

Hey!

 

I haven't given them out in my OOT bags yet, but I ordered 50 of them to take down and give to our guests. I always travel with a bubba, and have never had an issue at an AI resort yet. Usually, people will ask you where you got them while you're down there :) I'm confident that it will be, by far, the most used item in our gift bags!

 

I purchased them online from the manufacturer, and feel we got a pretty good price :) I did it that way vs. hunting them down on sale in stores so that I could get large quantities in the two colours I wanted.

Lovely!! That makes me so much more confident about buying them. I just didn't want to be hauling all of them down there just for people to hate them. Did you order them straight from Bubba or another website? If you don't mind sharing I"d love to take a look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by melnryluvco View Post

 

Lovely!! That makes me so much more confident about buying them. I just didn't want to be hauling all of them down there just for people to hate them. Did you order them straight from Bubba or another website? If you don't mind sharing I"d love to take a look.

 

I got them straight from http://www.shopbubba.com. If you use this site, don't forget the promo codes (BUBBA10OFF for orders of $100 or more, and BUBBA15OFF for orders of $200 or more). It brings the price per unit down quite a bit, and I found this to be cheaper than any store (though I'm in Canada, so you may have more selection/sales in the US). They also have flat rate $4.99 US shipping, which I found fantastic compared to other travel mugs I looked at online. I'm in Canada, but had them shipped to a US friend :)

 

Also, if it helps...I debated for a long time what size/shape to get. I decided on the "keg" style because it will sit better on the beach or poolside (I think the car style mugs with the skinnier bottoms would tip more easily). I also went with the 20oz, even though I was tempted to go for 32oz. I'm glad I went with the 20's, because they will be easier to pack, and they are plenty big enough!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wao thanks for sharing this info...

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominican Ally View Post


I got them straight from http://www.shopbubba.com. If you use this site, don't forget the promo codes (BUBBA10OFF for orders of $100 or more, and BUBBA15OFF for orders of $200 or more). It brings the price per unit down quite a bit, and I found this to be cheaper than any store (though I'm in Canada, so you may have more selection/sales in the US). They also have flat rate $4.99 US shipping, which I found fantastic compared to other travel mugs I looked at online. I'm in Canada, but had them shipped to a US friend :)

 

Also, if it helps...I debated for a long time what size/shape to get. I decided on the "keg" style because it will sit better on the beach or poolside (I think the car style mugs with the skinnier bottoms would tip more easily). I also went with the 20oz, even though I was tempted to go for 32oz. I'm glad I went with the 20's, because they will be easier to pack, and they are plenty big enough!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • We are Clandestine Events, Wedding Planner & Events Agency located in Barcelona, Spain, one of the most beautyful, modern and cool cities in the world. We can help you to organize your destination wedding in Barcelona, doesn't matter where you come, and whats the style of your wedding. The team of Clandestine Events can design and plan each point of the wedding with the best providers. If you want more infromation contact with us ==> Wedding Destination Barcelona. Cheers!
    • Good afternoon, I wanted to inquire if anyone has or knows someone who got married at this resort. How was it? How are the coordinators? Packages that were chosen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks.
    • Hi all! I know this is an old thread... but just in case there are other destination wedding brides out there with the same question, I thought I would answer! My guy and I live in Texas and just got our marriage license (yay!). We are getting married in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. The Dallas County clerk informed us that we can get our marriage license in Texas, bring it and a Texas-registered officiant to Mexico, have the ceremony in Mexico, then bring the marriage license back to Texas to file and it will be LEGAL in the US.  In  other words, we can legally get married in Mexico using our Texas marriage license and officiant (who is a family friend), then file the paperwork when we get home. Where it says 'county in which ceremony was performed' on the license, we just put in Playa del Carmen, Mexico and bam! Married :) I do not know if this is true for other states, but it is CONFIRMED for Texas! I suggest asking the clerk when you register for your marriage license. I am overjoyed that we can have a US-legal marriage in Mexico so our wedding date on our license will be the actual day! NO blood tests, or getting married before or after the trip required!  
    • Every Bride spends a lot of time researching and worrying about her perfect wedding dress. While many Indian brides choose the traditional red colour for their bridal gown, a few of them find some different colours to wear on their special day. Here is a description of how to choose an Indian wedding dress that suits your skin tone. 1) Fair complexion: You can choose any shade of blue or bright shades of pink and red. In the shades of blue- select scuba blue or royal blue. Among other colours this season, you can pick up your dress in tangerine.   2) Wheatish complexion Just select those colours which bring out the warmth in your complexion. Some of the best options for you are tangy orange, saffron yellow, vibrant shades of red, mint green and hot pink.   3) Dusky complexion: If you have an olive skin tone, then you can pull off any rich and dark colour quite well. So, the colours like classic blue, marsala, burnt orange and brick red are just perfect for you. Also the metallic silver, gold and bronze will even flatter your face pretty well
    • I will be using the hPage Website Builder to create a free website for our wedding. I am planning to post wedding updates, wedding photos, wedding reminders, and wedding articles regarding our upcoming marriage there. For RSVP, I am using Facebook events since almost all we invited have facebook and it would be easier to get their "yes" or "no" confirmation there. In case anyone is interested as well here's their site: hPage Website Builder - https://www.hpage.com
  • Topics

×