KLC77

My OOT Bags~ the big hits and the things that weren't used

Thanks for bumping this thread! I missed it (somehow?!) and lots of great ideas! I love hearing about what people actually use because when I get into the travel section of a store my imagination tends to run away with me....embarrest.gif

So I just sat down with my MOH and showed her the items I was planning on putting in the OOT bags, her response... "OMG! It's a wedding not a kids birthday party"   Guess she was not a big fan of the coconut tree pens or flip flop shaped playing cards LOL

I love this!  All of your ideas are great, I think I may do something similar.  Thanks for posting this!

Originally Posted by nsblum View Post

Hi ladies, well this might seem crazy to say after reading almost 50 pages of comments, but I did not do OOT bags. Our wedding was in Turks & Caicos in June, and I thought it was crazy to bring all that stuff with me down to the island. I thought about shipping it all, but everyone on the island told me it takes months to ship stuff and apparently you pay some extreme amount to not only ship but on taxes once it gets to the island. So, I asked the hotel about it, and we had a bottle of white wine delivered to everyone's room with a welcome note. At the hotel where the wedding was, they placed 2 glasses next to the bottle for an added touch. Throughout the course of the wedding we did give out flip flops for when people arrived at the ceremony (on the sand), personalized fans placed on the chairs at the ceremony, pashminas for the ladies placed randomly on tables throughout the reception, and offered cigars with personalized matches. We also did a catamaran trip and on the ride I gave out personalized spf lip balm. As for sunscreen, aloe, hand sanitizer, tylenol, visine, tissues, tampons, imodium, pepto, bug spray, bandaids, etc, that most usually add to an OOT bag, I made my own kit, in a plastic bin and brought it with me on our group excursions. I made sure everyone knew I had it, and people kept joking that the one thing I forgot was condoms! Even the rabbi was joking saying, wow, way to think of everything! It was great and things didn't get wasted. As for bringing all the stuff down that I did give out, I gave some to my mom for her luggage, some in mine, some in my fathers, so it was spread out well enough to not add extra weight. And, all those items got used on the spot! Nothing was wasted and as for the kit, I kept it with me on our "mini" moon for the rest of the time we were on the island.  Hope that helps!

I think seeing how so many guests used the little packs of advil or tylenol and would have used more, I think I'll try to budget for the little tubes of Advil as opposed to the single-use packs... plus the advil tubes are easier to find :)