My OOT Bags~ the big hits and the things that weren't used

Thanks for bringing this thread back to life! I will have a pre-travel party a week before we leave. Everyone is travelling from my home town so this way I can give the bags to them in advance. I figure this way I don't have to buy expensive things like mugs, beach bags, etc, and instead can remind them that they have one week to purchase these things. I can give them tips and ideas at this party and prepare them for the trip instead of supplying everything for them.

So far in my kit I put:

Hand sanitizer

Packs of Kleenex

2 Pens

Luggage Tags

Playing Cards or Soduko Book

Hand Cream

Mini First Aid Kit

Hibiscus coin purses (Oriental Trading Co.)

Information Booklet (If you want a copy, PM me)

Personalized thank you card

Aloe - Is this a cream? A liquid? Where did you buy it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy&London View Post
I found a bunch of travel mugs at the dollar store and was thinking of just getting waterproof paper and printing our monogram and sticking them on there? Anyone else done this? Good/bad idea??
Thats what im doing. I found a good deal at Canadian Tire for Stainless steel mugs and thought about putting on a sticker that i will design on the computer and then put it on "sticker" paper... I think its a great idea.
have you found water proof paper?

Has anyone put ant traps in their OOT bags? Ive been reading on Trip advisor and a few complaints were ants in their rooms by the sink area... Weve taken them ourselves when travelling, just not sure if i should include them in the bags... Thoughts anyone? Thanks

Kari soon to be ROR bride :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khomac View Post
Thanks for bringing this thread back to life! I will have a pre-travel party a week before we leave. Everyone is travelling from my home town so this way I can give the bags to them in advance. I figure this way I don't have to buy expensive things like mugs, beach bags, etc, and instead can remind them that they have one week to purchase these things. I can give them tips and ideas at this party and prepare them for the trip instead of supplying everything for them.

So far in my kit I put:
Hand sanitizer
Packs of Kleenex
2 Pens
Luggage Tags
Playing Cards or Soduko Book
Hand Cream
Mini First Aid Kit
Hibiscus coin purses (Oriental Trading Co.)
Information Booklet (If you want a copy, PM me)
Personalized thank you card

Aloe - Is this a cream? A liquid? Where did you buy it?
It is a gel for sunburn...my friends used that the most

I wish we would have put in our bags:

Aloe

Pashminas for the women

Photo share cards

(if we had been at a different resort maybe a bottle opener)

Big Hits:

6 can coolers for OOT bag

Candy

Granola Bars

Kleenex

Welcome/Guest Book

Big Misses:

hand sanitizer

small plastic zippered pouches

Neosporin

Hand Wipes

Shout Wipes

Meet the Guests Word Finds

So I had to have my mom help me compile this list because my family used the OOT coolers the most. Our guests were always busy and didn't just sit and relax all that much, so no one really did the word finds. My cousins did say that they cried when they were reading theirs. No one needed first aid of any kind although maybe some Imodium for my poor dad would have helped. Instead of buying a bunch of first aid kits I think that for us the best bet would have been to buy a big one and designate someone in our group to keep it.

Everyone always washed their hands before eating because of the Swine Flu so the hand sanitizer never got used.

Yes, we stayed at an all inclusive with the candy and bars came in handy in between meals, on the beach, and on excursions too.

What we put in our bags:

We used the cheap tote canvas bags and ironed on our "logo". Everyone loved these and even the guys used them to go down to the pool! I had bought nice brown glossy paper bags first, then at the last minute changed my mind and got the canvas totes instead. Soooo glad I did!

Anyway, inside we had:

1 large water bottle (with our own label) per guest

1 Corona and lime (per guest)- BIG HIT!!!

Hand sanitizer- (definately used- especially since swine flu outbreak)

Pepto Bismol chewable tablets- (may not have been, but glad I had them in there just in case)

Imodium tablets- (may not have been, but glad I had them in there just in case)

First aid kits (band-aids, etc.)

Shout wipes- also, not sure if they were used by guests, but I used mine!

OFF insect repellant wipes- not sure if used, but again, I used mine!

Keychain bottle openers from Acapulco (everyone loved this along with the Coronas)

Travel size sunblock- (I used it on the honeymoon- think some guests used it as well since they were so small and easy to take to the pool)

Kleenex

Candy, cookies, chips, granola bars

Thank you card

Itinerary

I think that's it. I didn't feel like I had left anything out and was pretty happy with everything I put in.

• Like 1

Man, I wonder why my guests were such nimkumpoops? :) I was really hoping that they'd be a crowd pleaser but everyone just raved about the drinks and service. lol

Great job girls!