My OOT Bags~ the big hits and the things that weren't used

This post has been the most helpful I've found yet!  I'm putting finishing touches on my OOT bags now and here's where I'm at. I'd love any thoughts or feedback!

- Using a gable box since I assume most guests will bring a beach bag along.

- Spanish phrase guide (Not just spanish words, but phrases.  May be a miss but my FI was into it and we think people may get a kick out of trying obscure phrases on each other). Found them for $2 on Amazon.

- I found small cloth bags with a red cross on them for $9 for 15 bags on Etsy that I put individual packets of Advil, roll of Tums, Emergen C packets and bandaids in (all found on Amazon).  

- Eos lip balm (Costco had them cheaper than Amazon)

- waterproof phone case that is clear on both sides and lets you take pics and use the touch screen. I thought for the beach or water (e.g. swim up bar travel) our guests may appreciate them. (less than $6 a piece on Amazon). 

- playing cards

- Altoids (again cheaper at Costco than Amazon)

I'm most excited about the waterproof phone case and I'll be sure to come back on after November and let others know if it was a hit or miss.

Do you have the link or name of thr waterproof cases u bought on amazon? . I love that idea!! It will be something everyone can use

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We checked 4 bags and 2 of them were OOT bags.  we had lots of stuff, plus I assembled at home, which is less efficient packing wise (I didn't nest my cups) but way easer for a quick hand out when we got to hotel.   I also tied red ribbons on the ones for couples (2 cups) and blue ribbon for the single (1 cup) bags.   I think the cups and the bags themselves were the most used. The drugs (pepto, advil, tums) and first aid kit were close second.  the tide white sticks were also used allot.  I saw allot of door hangers, and room key holders too.  the playing cards were not really used, but we were blessed with good weather. 

Thank you so much for the ribbon suggestion! It's genius! I have been getting ready to order stuff for our OOT bags but trying to figure out what items are per person vs per room and how would I even go about doing that without losing my mind once we get to the resort. THANK YOU!

• Like 1

People really liked the aloe, headache meds, Imodium, and koozies oh and sunglasses for sure ( for ex one of my friends brought only one pair and it broke) I saw people w the bags. I didn't get a ton of feedback except people saying it was cute and thoughtful

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just started reading the thread and my questions will probably be answered as I make my was through it (may take a while) but I was wondering about the snacks. We have several kids in our group that like specific kinds of chips, cookies etc. and I'm wondering if we can bring some of these snack foods to Jamaica. Was thinking of including some in the OOT bags.

Also wanted to include Heinze ketchup packages in the OOT bags. I'm not a big Ketchup eater, most my other Canuck guests are Ketchup freaks. I know when I visited Cuba what they said was Ketchup was no where close to what were used to. I figured I could sneak a dozen or so packages into each bag and they could grab a couple on their way out their rooms for the meal. Good idea or no?

There are many great idea's on this thread and hope to eventually read the whole thing.

I plan to include in OOT my bags:

- Canvas Bag

- Custom Travel Mug

- Pen

- Suduko or Crossword book

- Kleenex

- Bug Wipes

- Baby wipes

- Hand sanitizer

- Sunburn Gel

- First Aid Kit

- Tide Pens

- Snacks (if allowed)

- Ketchup pks (if allowed)

- Luggage Ties (great idea to give out before hand)

Personally I love the ketchup idea. I agree when I was in Cuba their ketchup was more a runny BBQ sauce lol

I brought in food to Mexico just have to ensure you know Jamaica's rules on what's NOT allowed and you'll be fine :)

I would probably save my money on the crossword book. Unless people had them for the plane I feel pretty confident they won't get used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calgarybride2015

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...