Photo

My OOT Bags~ the big hits and the things that weren't used

• Please log in to reply
1232 replies to this topic

#841 Bostonbride37

Bostonbride37
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:32 AM

Hi Ladies!!! Love this thread, so many great ideas and now a few things I will be leaving out of my bag, thanks for the tips. I am going back and forth on the type of bags to use. My Bro in Law and Sis in law did a dw in Mex and gave out beach bags so everyone has one already. She owns an embroidery company so she did them herself they are fantastic.

I was thinking of going with drawstring back packs. One per family and having them screenprinted. Her brother owns the screenprinting side so major help there. I wanted to put something personal for each family and have thier names put on one side of them. Last names and first initials or something like that. I have not decided how I am going to do that part yet.

My sister says I am being to detailed and I will drive myself crazy, so I am thinking of forgetting the personalization of the bag and putting it on the passport book that will be attached to each one.

Would you be more likly to like something personalized like the bags or not? If you could give me your input that would be great!

I have 16 possible bags to make. And my screen printer, because he is family will get it done for me in the schedule I want and need so timing would not be an issue.

<--- I just think he is cute and wanted to put him in, hehe

#842 Gladis

Gladis
    • 27 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

Awesome post...thank you ladies

#843 nbateman

nbateman
      • 280 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Bostonbride37 

Hi Ladies!!! Love this thread, so many great ideas and now a few things I will be leaving out of my bag, thanks for the tips. I am going back and forth on the type of bags to use. My Bro in Law and Sis in law did a dw in Mex and gave out beach bags so everyone has one already. She owns an embroidery company so she did them herself they are fantastic.

I was thinking of going with drawstring back packs. One per family and having them screenprinted. Her brother owns the screenprinting side so major help there. I wanted to put something personal for each family and have thier names put on one side of them. Last names and first initials or something like that. I have not decided how I am going to do that part yet.

My sister says I am being to detailed and I will drive myself crazy, so I am thinking of forgetting the personalization of the bag and putting it on the passport book that will be attached to each one.

Would you be more likly to like something personalized like the bags or not? If you could give me your input that would be great!

I have 16 possible bags to make. And my screen printer, because he is family will get it done for me in the schedule I want and need so timing would not be an issue.

<--- I just think he is cute and wanted to put him in, hehe

As long as the bag is generic personalized, like the name of the place and not the name of the couple, etc.  I feel like I wouldn't want to carry around a bag that said Joe and Sally, but I would reuse one that said Jamaica, Mexico, etc. 

#844 Bostonbride37

Bostonbride37
        • 37 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by nbateman 

As long as the bag is generic personalized, like the name of the place and not the name of the couple, etc.  I feel like I wouldn't want to carry around a bag that said Joe and Sally, but I would reuse one that said Jamaica, Mexico, etc. 

Thanks!!!!

#845 SusanMike2013

SusanMike2013
          • 123 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

Any Canadian Brides find a good site for advil and pepto etc??

I am having a hard time locating one that isn't too expensive.....

#846 mstigger

mstigger
            • 239 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

I agree!!

Originally Posted by nbateman 

#847 Gladis

Gladis
              • 27 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

I'm loving this bag...thanks for sharing

OMG I LOVE THESE!!! Checking this out right now.

g

#848 soonCB

soonCB
                • 264 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by SusanMike2013 

Any Canadian Brides find a good site for advil and pepto etc??

I am having a hard time locating one that isn't too expensive.....

We just bought the containers of 10 from Dollarama for 2$ each. They have both Tylenol and Advil. We are not including pepto, but included little packages of Tums. You can buy packages of three in the pharmacy section of Superstore of Walmart for between 1.50-2$

#849 ajhutch

ajhutch
                  • 32 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:30 AM

For the Pepto I just went to Wal-Mart for the box of sleeves.  There are 24 tablets in a box and 6 on each sleeve.  For my other "drugs" I went to Costco and purchased the Kirkland Signature brand Ibuprofen, Acid Reducer, and Anti-Diarrheal medicine and then individually packaged them with dollarama craft baggies and put labels on each baggy and a big label on the inside of the first aid kit with the directions for everything. So much cheaper and I was then able to give everyone a few more than I would have otherwise.  It's a little more work but I definitely have more time than money...lol.  Goodluck!

#850 SusanMike2013

SusanMike2013
                    • 123 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:26 AM

Ohhh awesome .. than you very much!

I am only doing ten bags ( so far)... One per room so that would much better than the little packages!

I never thought to buy at Costco...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users