Photo

My OOT Bags~ the big hits and the things that weren't used

• Please log in to reply
1232 replies to this topic

#831 futuremrswarner

futuremrswarner
  • 360 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

Thanks for the link. The designs are really cute, and will definitely have to consider them.

#832 un4gitabl

un4gitabl
    • 110 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 23, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

The Wedding Chicks also do sales pretty regularly on their bags.  That is where I plan to buy from!!  http://www.weddingchicks.com/  They have a great blog with tons of ideas and freebies too!!!

#833 ajhutch

ajhutch
    • 32 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

Hello Ladies- I found some great Soduku/crossword/wordsearch  books at Michaels the other day for $1 each!  I was really excited because the only other books I was able to find were from dollarama and they were the "chicken soup series."  Happy Shopping!

#834 nbateman

nbateman
      • 280 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO 

Quote:
        Originally Posted by KLC77
        So, I thought it might be helpful for people who are putting together their OOT bags to know some of the things that people liked in mine and what they didn't really use.

My bags had a lot of different stuff in them. The things that people used most and were really excited for were:

Decks of cards (a last minute addition that I'm glad I put in)~ it was cloudy for several days and these came in handy
        First Aid Kits~ the bandaids were good for people who got blisters
        and the Pepto bismol tablets and Motrin

I also would've added twice as many Motrins to the bags. I put in the 99 cent packs that had a total of 6 tablets in them. People used them and probably could've used more.
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by maymeliabride
        I agree this is good info to have, I hope more people post their results as well. :)
        I am really interested to know if guests enjoyed/ used the travel mugs as they are one of the more expensive items I was planning on putting in the bags! Thanks Kelly!
        My big hits:
        The deck of cards
        First aid kit which had packets of Tylenol, Motrin, & Immodium, Purell hand wipes, & chapstick
        Flip flops for both men & women
        The mini-wallet/purse used as a key card holder or for money
        The pashminas-the women loved them, especially for late nights in the lobby, on the beach & in restaurants for dinner.
        And yes, the travel mug was the biggest hit by far! Everywhere we went on the resort, my guests had their mugs. It was very convienent and well used at the bar!

The only thing that I second guess is the use of the monogrammed canvas tote as the OOT bag itself.
        While I loved it & will certainly use it again & again, I wonder who else will really use it again, with the exception of my mother! While it made for a great beach bag as I did see my guests using it on the beach or on our shopping tours, I'd still love to know if it will get used this summer by anyone else. Maybe I should have gone with the personalized paper gift bag or god forbid, skipped putting my monogram on it & just gone with a generic Jamaica design.
        Just food for thought for you brides to be!

I've thought about the same thing, but don't wanna go with the throw away bags because for $1 for a canvas tote, you really can't beat it.  I think i'm going to go with a stamp design for something beachy or mexico related instead of the personalized monogram or our names. 

#835 Sunshinybride

Sunshinybride
        • 74 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

thanks for the tips!

#836 Maybeachbride

Maybeachbride
          • 186 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

Thanks for all the tips!  Makes me want to start shopping instead of being at work :)

#837 ajhutch

ajhutch
            • 32 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

Hello Fellow Canadians!  I just received an email update from Canadian Tire that the 20oz Bubba Mini Keg's will be $6.99 (reg $13.99) from Dec 21-27th.  Product #0423659.  Happy Shopping!

#838 Maybeachbride

Maybeachbride
              • 186 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

I went to Hobby Lobby today and they had 66% off christmas stuff.  My colors are going to be fushia pink with orange accent.  They had some really cute hot pink bags with circles I am going to use for the OOT bags.  They also had lots of hot pink ribbon and tulle.  Keep an eye out in the after Christmas sales!!!!

#839 Marymack

Marymack
                • 414 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

Guess I need to go check out hobby lobby.Thanks for the info!!

#840 mstigger

mstigger
                  • 239 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

Oooo, we have a new hobby lobby. I think I will go see what I can find!!

Thanks so much for sharing! This is a great thread!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users