Jump to content

Photo

My OOT Bags~ the big hits and the things that weren't used


  • Please log in to reply
1232 replies to this topic

#621 Gin Bootles

Gin Bootles
  • Jr. Member
  • 260 posts

    Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:32 PM


    yes i have to agree this was a good thread to start. i know that when i went to a friends wedding we used the bag and the room card holder, and i got sick so i used the pepto bismal, but nothing else! but i still have them! tehehehehe hello scrapbooking !

    Originally Posted by KLC77 

    So, I thought it might be helpful for people who are putting together their OOT bags to know some of the things that people liked in mine and what they didn't really use.


    My bags had a lot of different stuff in them. The things that people used most and were really excited for were:

    The Find a Word Puzzles/ Sodoku books~ A Big Hit!
    Decks of cards (a last minute addition that I'm glad I put in)~ it was cloudy for several days and these came in handy
    First Aid Kits~ the bandaids were good for people who got blisters
    and the Pepto bismol tablets and Motrin

    The things that weren't used that I could've done without were:

    The sunscreen with spf 30~ everyone knew they were heading somewhere sunny and packed their own
    Mini beach balls~ I didn't see one of these used except by my FI who kept beaning me in the head and finding it hilarious! lol
    Spanish for Dummies books~ as cute as they were no one read them
    OFF wipes~ I never saw a bug and no one mentioned anything about them

    I also would've added twice as many Motrins to the bags. I put in the 99 cent packs that had a total of 6 tablets in them. People used them and probably could've used more.


     


    All because, two people fell in love!


    #622 Soon2BMrsS

    Soon2BMrsS
    • Newbie
    • 71 posts

      Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:24 PM

      Thanks for the info!



      #623 brittmcfarlin

      brittmcfarlin
      • Jr. Member
      • 164 posts

        Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:46 PM

        This is very helpful, thanks for posting. My sister(MOH) wants the OOT bags to be her contribution so I will surely have to pass this info on to her!



        #624 kellygrrrl

        kellygrrrl
        • Member
        • 614 posts

          Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:33 AM

          I was reading in the 'What I would and wouldn't do' forum (EXTREMELY helpful if you haven't yet read it), and nearly every bride mentions her OOT bags being a hit. there were a couple specific ideas I thought were great:

           

          * including a CD and stamped mailer so that people could send you all the digital photos they took (cost on this is maybe $2 each with 88 cent postage, so it may be better to just hand those out to guests who are taking a lot of pictures)

          * adding a Mexico postcard (stamped) for people to send to their loved ones back home (maybe $1 each including ~ 70 cent international stamp)

          * including a US postcard for guests to fill out with their best wedding memory and send to you after you're home

           

          happy planning, ladies! : )

           

           



          #625 britb618

          britb618
          • Site Supporter
          • 111 posts

            Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:08 AM

            excellent thread!



            #626 Sllefebvr

            Sllefebvr
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,008 posts

              Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:08 AM

              I am also loving the idea about adding a postcard for people to send to their friends/family back at home... but I do have a question... if i pre-postage them for everybody do I need a stamp for Jamaica?
               

              Originally Posted by kellygrrrl 

              I was reading in the 'What I would and wouldn't do' forum (EXTREMELY helpful if you haven't yet read it), and nearly every bride mentions her OOT bags being a hit. there were a couple specific ideas I thought were great:

               

              * including a CD and stamped mailer so that people could send you all the digital photos they took (cost on this is maybe $2 each with 88 cent postage, so it may be better to just hand those out to guests who are taking a lot of pictures)

              * adding a Mexico postcard (stamped) for people to send to their loved ones back home (maybe $1 each including ~ 70 cent international stamp)

              * including a US postcard for guests to fill out with their best wedding memory and send to you after you're home

               

              happy planning, ladies! : )

               

               



               



              #627 kellygrrrl

              kellygrrrl
              • Member
              • 614 posts

                Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:58 AM


                you'd have to buy an international postcard stamp locally. shouldn't be too hard to find in the tourist areas - many of the shops that sell the postcards also sell the stamps. at least, that's been my experience previously.

                 

                Originally Posted by Sllefebvr 

                I am also loving the idea about adding a postcard for people to send to their friends/family back at home... but I do have a question... if i pre-postage them for everybody do I need a stamp for Jamaica?
                 



                 



                 



                #628 Sllefebvr

                Sllefebvr
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,008 posts

                  Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:26 PM

                  The resort should probably have them then!! Thanks for the heads up!!
                   

                  Originally Posted by kellygrrrl 


                  you'd have to buy an international postcard stamp locally. shouldn't be too hard to find in the tourist areas - many of the shops that sell the postcards also sell the stamps. at least, that's been my experience previously.

                   



                   



                   



                  #629 torilynnsmith

                  torilynnsmith
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,748 posts

                    Posted 16 August 2011 - 02:18 PM

                    Another idea instead of the CDs is the photoshare cards..... this way you set upa  site where all your guests would have access to everyones pictures!!!! Its a nice idea that includes everyone and the cost would just be printing a little business card or vistaprinting it!!!!
                     

                    Originally Posted by kellygrrrl 

                    I was reading in the 'What I would and wouldn't do' forum (EXTREMELY helpful if you haven't yet read it), and nearly every bride mentions her OOT bags being a hit. there were a couple specific ideas I thought were great:

                     

                    * including a CD and stamped mailer so that people could send you all the digital photos they took (cost on this is maybe $2 each with 88 cent postage, so it may be better to just hand those out to guests who are taking a lot of pictures)

                    * adding a Mexico postcard (stamped) for people to send to their loved ones back home (maybe $1 each including ~ 70 cent international stamp)

                    * including a US postcard for guests to fill out with their best wedding memory and send to you after you're home

                     

                    happy planning, ladies! : )

                     

                     



                     



                    #630 Butterfly67

                    Butterfly67
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 77 posts

                      Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:06 PM

                      Great thread for sure!!  Now I have a silly question...room card holder??  Sounds like a wonderful idea.  Can someone direct me where to find such an item? 






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users