Photo

My OOT Bags~ the big hits and the things that weren't used

• Please log in to reply
1232 replies to this topic

#571 DramaticAnnie

DramaticAnnie
  • 281 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:13 PM

Thanks for bumping this thread! I missed it (somehow?!) and lots of great ideas! I love hearing about what people actually use because when I get into the travel section of a store my imagination tends to run away with me....

~Married aboard the cruise ship the 'Carnival Dream'~
    ~Carnival Dream Wedding April 28th, 2012, then set sail on a 7 night Caribbean Cruise April 28th-May 5th, 2012~

#572 LisaMatterni

LisaMatterni
    • 718 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:00 AM

Yay! Thanks for your help. At least we have guidelines on here for the OOT bag inclusions. 

#573 MoBayBride2B

MoBayBride2B
      • 210 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:13 AM

So I just sat down with my MOH and showed her the items I was planning on putting in the OOT bags, her response... "OMG! It's a wedding not a kids birthday party"   Guess she was not a big fan of the coconut tree pens or flip flop shaped playing cards LOL

45 booked including Bride & Groom

#574 bride3183

bride3183
        • 173 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:49 AM

This is very helpful, thanks!

Dreams Los Cabos - October 29, 2011

#575 bride3183

bride3183
          • 173 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:52 PM

I love this!  All of your ideas are great, I think I may do something similar.  Thanks for posting this!

Originally Posted by nsblum 

Hi ladies, well this might seem crazy to say after reading almost 50 pages of comments, but I did not do OOT bags. Our wedding was in Turks & Caicos in June, and I thought it was crazy to bring all that stuff with me down to the island. I thought about shipping it all, but everyone on the island told me it takes months to ship stuff and apparently you pay some extreme amount to not only ship but on taxes once it gets to the island. So, I asked the hotel about it, and we had a bottle of white wine delivered to everyone's room with a welcome note. At the hotel where the wedding was, they placed 2 glasses next to the bottle for an added touch. Throughout the course of the wedding we did give out flip flops for when people arrived at the ceremony (on the sand), personalized fans placed on the chairs at the ceremony, pashminas for the ladies placed randomly on tables throughout the reception, and offered cigars with personalized matches. We also did a catamaran trip and on the ride I gave out personalized spf lip balm. As for sunscreen, aloe, hand sanitizer, tylenol, visine, tissues, tampons, imodium, pepto, bug spray, bandaids, etc, that most usually add to an OOT bag, I made my own kit, in a plastic bin and brought it with me on our group excursions. I made sure everyone knew I had it, and people kept joking that the one thing I forgot was condoms! Even the rabbi was joking saying, wow, way to think of everything! It was great and things didn't get wasted. As for bringing all the stuff down that I did give out, I gave some to my mom for her luggage, some in mine, some in my fathers, so it was spread out well enough to not add extra weight. And, all those items got used on the spot! Nothing was wasted and as for the kit, I kept it with me on our "mini" moon for the rest of the time we were on the island.  Hope that helps!

Dreams Los Cabos - October 29, 2011

#576 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
            • 995 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:42 PM

loved this thread....great ideas for my OOT bags...woo hoo!!!

R~

#577 DramaticAnnie

DramaticAnnie
              • 281 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:43 PM

I think seeing how so many guests used the little packs of advil or tylenol and would have used more, I think I'll try to budget for the little tubes of Advil as opposed to the single-use packs... plus the advil tubes are easier to find :)

~Married aboard the cruise ship the 'Carnival Dream'~
                ~Carnival Dream Wedding April 28th, 2012, then set sail on a 7 night Caribbean Cruise April 28th-May 5th, 2012~

#578 teals

teals
                • 8 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:39 AM

Excellent suggestions ladies!  Thank you.

#579 deesanders33

deesanders33
                  • 329 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:54 AM

Thanks for all of the advice!!

#580 smokey82

smokey82
                    • 117 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:08 AM

Love this thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users