Photo

My OOT Bags~ the big hits and the things that weren't used

• Please log in to reply
1232 replies to this topic

#281 azulskies

azulskies
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:24 PM

This thread is amazing! I can't wait to get started on mine!

#282 mexicana bride

mexicana bride
    • 165 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:41 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO
      My big hits:
      The deck of cards
      First aid kit which had packets of Tylenol, Motrin, & Immodium, Purell hand wipes, & chapstick
      Flip flops for both men & women
      The mini-wallet/purse used as a key card holder or for money
      The pashminas-the women loved them, especially for late nights in the lobby, on the beach & in restaurants for dinner.
      And yes, the travel mug was the biggest hit by far! Everywhere we went on the resort, my guests had their mugs. It was very convienent and well used at the bar!

The only thing that I second guess is the use of the monogrammed canvas tote as the OOT bag itself.
      While I loved it & will certainly use it again & again, I wonder who else will really use it again, with the exception of my mother! While it made for a great beach bag as I did see my guests using it on the beach or on our shopping tours, I'd still love to know if it will get used this summer by anyone else. Maybe I should have gone with the personalized paper gift bag or god forbid, skipped putting my monogram on it & just gone with a generic Jamaica design.
      Just food for thought for you brides to be!
      Hey!
      Just wondering were did you get your travel mugs I can't find any I really like online that aren't expensive.

#283 PKBride

PKBride
      • 17 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:27 PM

This is sooo helpful. Glad to know the sunscreen wasn't all that helpful. I was recently at a wedding where they used white gift bags from Michael's and stenciled their initials in gold. It looked really nice and wasn't very expensive. Also, don't forget to include water and snacks. I loved the snacks in the bags.... especially at 2 am when we got back to the hotel!!!!

#284 ashey063009

ashey063009
        • 604 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:34 AM

Biggest Hits

Our last-minute decision to include the personalized 18oz Stadium Cups was DEFINITELY the hit of the week-- EVERYONE used them, and most ppl even brought them home!

Deck of cards (the boys even brought them on the catamaran excursion)

Beach Pail-- we used a Beach Pail as the actual OOT bag itself, and most ppl headed down to the beach to use them right away. (I promise to add pics soon) :)

Oh SH%&T Kits -- Bandaids, Advil, Safety pins, Scope and hand sanitizer

Hand Lotion-- Travel sized hand lotions were carried in everyone's beach bags over the week

Mints!

Pocket Size "Spanish for Dummies"-- most of our guests carried these throughout the week and practiced with the resort employees. It was really nice (and funny) to see them all trying to hard.

Misses

Starbucks Coffee-- brought at a nice touch for the coffee makers in the room (nobody seemed too interested)

Mini Pedicure kits-- most of the girls had pedicures done before, so they went un-used. As cute as they were, I wouldn't have added them.

Frisbees-- only came out for one day, not worth carting them to Cuba. They have a lot of beach toys available down there...

#285 PCBride

PCBride
          • 39 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 03:49 PM

Awesome ideas! We just ordered our OOT canvas bags and put our palm tree logo and "Punta Cana" but no names or dates.

We did the same for the travel mugs we ordered. Hopefully people will like them!

#286 emme

emme
            • 382 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 02:28 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by PCBride
              Awesome ideas! We just ordered our OOT canvas bags and put our palm tree logo and "Punta Cana" but no names or dates.

We did the same for the travel mugs we ordered. Hopefully people will like them!
              Where did you order your travel mugs from?
              http://tickers.Ticke....d6f6/event.png

Bride + Groom + 44 Amazing Guests...

#287 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
              • 5,466 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:45 AM

Emme, I ordered my travel mugs from 4imprint.ca! I think they were shipped on the 21st so should be here by the 28th. Ill post pics when i get them. I got them from the same place amaryllis(sp? i can never spell that right) did

#288 emme

emme
                • 382 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:18 PM

Thanks Nadine...I'll check it out. Can't wait to see your pics!
                  http://tickers.Ticke....d6f6/event.png

Bride + Groom + 44 Amazing Guests...

#289 krishna69z

krishna69z
                  • 209 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:46 PM

I love the idea of using a pail as what holds all the the OOT loot. Gives me a great idea for a teambuilding activity..... sand castle making :-)

#290 ashey063009

ashey063009
                    • 604 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:32 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by krishna69z
                      I love the idea of using a pail as what holds all the the OOT loot. Gives me a great idea for a teambuilding activity..... sand castle making :-)
                      Totally! We were actually plotting a whole beach olympics with Kayak races, football / soccer, beach volleyball and sand castle contests. It ended up being less official, but a SUPER fun group day!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users