My OOT Bags~ the big hits and the things that weren't used

• Please log in to reply
1232 replies to this topic

#271 lolosmama

• 232 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by britsytoll
    This thread is great. I am debating on getting travel mugs or koozies. Don't most resorts serve beer in plastic cups? If so, a koozie wouldn't really work, right? Any thoughts?
    I think the mugs are fun for the resort, you can have them fill your cup each time you refill your drink. And the koozies are great long-term gifts!

#272 aimstar

• 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:50 PM

Thanks for the tips! How much should you normally spend on each OOT bag?

#273 *Nadine*

• 5,466 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:06 PM

Im spending about $25 a bag I think? Probably depends on the size of your group and we have a pretty large one so we wanted to keep it around $1000 total.

#274 kpuckrin

• 258 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by aimstar
          Thanks for the tips! How much should you normally spend on each OOT bag?
          I would agree that it depends on your budget and the size of your group. We've got a fairly small group (20 people or so) and I've set aside about $1500 USD for ours.

#275 Jingles202

• 41 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:36 AM

Well, I have ordered a good portion of my OOT bag stuff. Here is what I have so far: ( I am putting one bag in each room, with enough items for 2 people to share)

Minimus - For All Your Travel Size Item Needs and Oriental Trading Company

1 18" Mesh Beach Bag- $1.49
            2 packs of Tylenol-.78
            2 packs of Shout Wipes-.78
            2 Lip Balms-.90
            2 Sewing Kits-.46
            2 Hand Sanitizer Packs-.24
            2 Nail Polish Remover Packs-.10
            2 Sunscreen Packs-.50
            2 packs of Tissues-.52
            2 Anti-bacterial packs-.18

About $6 per bag so far......Not to bad!

#276 juliez79

• 167 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:34 PM

This has been so helpful!!! Thanks for all the info. :)

I was also thinking of putting hair ties for the ladies to help with the wind. And magazines to read on the beach - one per person that is personalize to what their interests are - then people can pass them around when they are finished. Cheaper than books and a little extra touch. Also thought about including agendas for the events. When to be where - where the bride and groom will be for pictures, etc...

#277 RCBlondie

• 199 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:37 PM

Great to know which items your guests enjoyed receiving. We are thinking of doing the large mugs but cannot find them. Anyone from Canada that has ordered these and can give me some suggestions where to get them from?
                Rachelle & Randal
                June 2010

#278 Prettyhazardous

• 712 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:55 PM

I think we will end up spending between 15-23 per bag. We have 39 people going with us.

#279 jojo194

• 205 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:56 AM

Thanks so much for posting this! I was so excited to be doing OOT bags, but as our party keeps growing (which is a good thing) I have had to narrow down the items I can put in the bag and the type of bag to use to cut down on costs. Thanks for these helpful tips.

#280 Joanna

• 42 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:00 PM

Is anyone putting scented candles in the bag for the guests' rooms? I read on another thread that some girls did this, along with matches. I found candles at Michaels for $.39 each! Would it be a problem to pack the candles and matches in our luggage? If anyone has any thoughts that would be great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users