My OOT Bags~ the big hits and the things that weren't used

• Please log in to reply
1232 replies to this topic

#261 jawedding

• 197 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 02:43 PM

oooh i think this is a great idea! I have read a few places that people love the underwater cameras! I'd guess hit! If we had fewer guests (or if i could find them for cheap), I'd definitely do it!
    33 People Booked!!

#262 Jamaica0619

• 475 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:47 AM

Thanks to this thread, I don't think I had any real "misses". It was more things that got used and things that didn't. Overall, I think my guests were just so surprised and delighted that we even had the bags for them. They all thought it was a really nice thing for us to do.

Things that got used at the resort
      The bag itself
      Puzzle book - purchased from the dollar store - had suduko, word search and crossword puzzles
      Hand Sanitizer
      Lip balm
      Pen and notepad
      Sand molds - for the kids only

Things that were liked but not used:
      Magnet - ordered from Vistaprint using a picture I took when we were in Jamaica in January
      Luggage tags
      First aid kits
      Beach towels
      Travel mugs
      Deck of cards
      Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#263 tmurphy82

• 156 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 01:52 PM

This is such a helpful thread! Thanks for the ideas. I am definantly going to make my own Spanish books now, instead of spending all that money!

#264 JGAMMAGIRL77

• 427 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 02:30 PM

Thanks for the tips. I was thinking of putting sunscreen but I guess guests will be packing this already.

#265 SDSteph

• 812 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 03:11 PM

THanks this really helps.
            Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#266 jawedding

• 197 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 03:18 PM

For all of the Canadian brides - Canadian Tire has Kodak 'sport' cameras on sale for half price (around $5 each). They are good for underwater, and just general outdoor pics!
              33 People Booked!!

#267 spazycat6454

• 161 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:34 PM

Thanks for the great info everyone! I will pass it onto my mom who has hijacked my OOT bag making! She is so excited to make them and has already bought way to much for the kids who are going. Each of the children is getting their own bag and than the adults will get one per family or couple. I will make sure to tell you all the hits and misses.

#268 britsytoll

• 129 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:39 PM

This thread is great. I am debating on getting travel mugs or koozies. Don't most resorts serve beer in plastic cups? If so, a koozie wouldn't really work, right? Any thoughts?

Bride & Groom + 41 Guests BOOKED~

#269 CaboBride4

• 21 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:00 PM

This thread is awesome! So many great ideas, I was going to put a small sunscreen in my OOT bags but I'm glad I read that people already know they are going somewhere sunny so they pack it for themselves.

#270 mimosa123

• 153 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:33 PM

Now i know what not to waste my money on

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users