• Please log in to reply
1232 replies to this topic

#211 emme

emme
  • 382 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:01 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kari
    Thats what im doing. I found a good deal at Canadian Tire for Stainless steel mugs and thought about putting on a sticker that i will design on the computer and then put it on "sticker" paper... I think its a great idea.
    have you found water proof paper?
    I am also curious to know about waterproof labels...because that's exactly what we have in mind but we want to make sure it will withstand the heat / water / LOTS of use. We're thinking about Bubba Kegs (midsize) with a clear label with our monogram on it. This way, people can also peel the logo off after the trip and use the bubba kegs...

Are we on the same page with all of this? Please keep me posted...thanks :)
    http://tickers.Ticke....d6f6/event.png

Bride + Groom + 44 Amazing Guests...

#212 BlakleyBrideToBe

BlakleyBrideToBe
    • 2,115 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:47 AM

Thanks for the info

#213 cowman1999

cowman1999
      • 107 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:46 PM

We are having trouble finding some favors for the guys in our group? Any ideas on things they might use? We are doing koozies, snacks, and medicines for sure...

#214 Cattie

Cattie
        • 594 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:01 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by emme
          I am also curious to know about waterproof labels...because that's exactly what we have in mind but we want to make sure it will withstand the heat / water / LOTS of use. We're thinking about Bubba Kegs (midsize) with a clear label with our monogram on it. This way, people can also peel the logo off after the trip and use the bubba kegs...

Are we on the same page with all of this? Please keep me posted...thanks :)
          I ordered my stickers for my mugs from zazzle. They are however white, not clear. I would buy some cheap clear labels and test them out.

#215 sdnative222

sdnative222
          • 136 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:51 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by cowman1999
            We are having trouble finding some favors for the guys in our group? Any ideas on things they might use? We are doing koozies, snacks, and medicines for sure...
            I had a hard time brain storming for ideas for the guys, too. In the end.....all of the guests got almost exactly the same OOT bags....(i.e. thank you letter, map, big-day timeline, local maps, custom-labeled water bottles, mini-sunscreen packets, snacks

except...
            the ladies got tropical smelling lip balms and a cute pashmina I purchased locally
            and
            the boys got mini-liquor bottles, flavor-less lip balms, and flip flops
            Jocelynn and Shawn
            Got Maui'd on November 8,2008
            http://www.thebump.c....step=5&radio=C

#216 Crystalballl

Crystalballl
            • 406 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:37 PM

What an awesome thread! I just sat down with a pen and paper and got amazing ideas! Thanks to everyone!!

#217 soonergirl

soonergirl
              • 27 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:45 AM

SDNative-I love the idea for mini liquor bottles. Do you, or any of you ladies, know the rules on putting the liquor bottles in your luggage? Will they let you take the bottles over to Mexico if you pack them in your checked luggage
                Cori

#218 Duchess

Duchess
                • 358 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:48 AM

I actually just went thru the stuff we have and realized I forgot a few things. First of all, we did one bag per party so if a couple was there, they got one bag with stuff for both. If it was a single guy or girl, they got one bag with just stuff for them. So the things that we gave:
                  pashminas
                  flip flops for everyone
                  and ball caps or visors
                  custom beer cozy's
                  votives (beach theme)
                  sunscreen
                  dramamine (boat to our wedding)
                  advil
                  water bottles (with our logo)
                  deck of cards
                  spanish book
                  brochure (vistaprint)

Probably a few more odds and ends that I am forgetting. People loved them though.

#219 BlieLena

BlieLena
                  • 41 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:08 AM

Great suggestion for next day headaches and maybe spf chapstick to add!

#220 Sita&Nate

Sita&Nate
                    • 349 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:12 AM

I think the drinks for dummies are a good idea... remember going to the all inclusive resorts and being clueless as what to order :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users