KittenHeart
  • 3,103 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:15 PM

Great thread!

#202 khomac

khomac
    • 380 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:29 PM

Thanks for bringing this thread back to life! I will have a pre-travel party a week before we leave. Everyone is travelling from my home town so this way I can give the bags to them in advance. I figure this way I don't have to buy expensive things like mugs, beach bags, etc, and instead can remind them that they have one week to purchase these things. I can give them tips and ideas at this party and prepare them for the trip instead of supplying everything for them.

So far in my kit I put:
      Hand sanitizer
      Packs of Kleenex
      2 Pens
      Luggage Tags
      Playing Cards or Soduko Book
      Hand Cream
      Mini First Aid Kit
      Hibiscus coin purses (Oriental Trading Co.)
      Information Booklet (If you want a copy, PM me)
      Personalized thank you card

Aloe - Is this a cream? A liquid? Where did you buy it?
      Kelly & Pablo

http://www.michaelsteingard.com
      Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

#203 kari

kari
      • 55 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:21 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Cindy&London
        I found a bunch of travel mugs at the dollar store and was thinking of just getting waterproof paper and printing our monogram and sticking them on there? Anyone else done this? Good/bad idea??
        Thats what im doing. I found a good deal at Canadian Tire for Stainless steel mugs and thought about putting on a sticker that i will design on the computer and then put it on "sticker" paper... I think its a great idea.
        have you found water proof paper?

#204 kari

kari
        • 55 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:27 AM

Has anyone put ant traps in their OOT bags? Ive been reading on Trip advisor and a few complaints were ants in their rooms by the sink area... Weve taken them ourselves when travelling, just not sure if i should include them in the bags... Thoughts anyone? Thanks
          Kari soon to be ROR bride :-)

#205 Blkatz

Blkatz
          • 1,025 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:38 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by khomac
            Thanks for bringing this thread back to life! I will have a pre-travel party a week before we leave. Everyone is travelling from my home town so this way I can give the bags to them in advance. I figure this way I don't have to buy expensive things like mugs, beach bags, etc, and instead can remind them that they have one week to purchase these things. I can give them tips and ideas at this party and prepare them for the trip instead of supplying everything for them.

So far in my kit I put:
            Hand sanitizer
            Packs of Kleenex
            2 Pens
            Luggage Tags
            Playing Cards or Soduko Book
            Hand Cream
            Mini First Aid Kit
            Hibiscus coin purses (Oriental Trading Co.)
            Information Booklet (If you want a copy, PM me)
            Personalized thank you card

Aloe - Is this a cream? A liquid? Where did you buy it?
            It is a gel for sunburn...my friends used that the most

#206 Kits55

Kits55
            • 607 posts
            • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
            • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:51 AM

I wish we would have put in our bags:

Aloe
            Pashminas for the women
            Photo share cards
            (if we had been at a different resort maybe a bottle opener)

Big Hits:
            6 can coolers for OOT bag
            Candy
            Granola Bars
            Kleenex
            Welcome/Guest Book

Big Misses:
            hand sanitizer
            small plastic zippered pouches
            Neosporin
            Hand Wipes
            Shout Wipes
            Meet the Guests Word Finds

So I had to have my mom help me compile this list because my family used the OOT coolers the most. Our guests were always busy and didn't just sit and relax all that much, so no one really did the word finds. My cousins did say that they cried when they were reading theirs. No one needed first aid of any kind although maybe some Imodium for my poor dad would have helped. Instead of buying a bunch of first aid kits I think that for us the best bet would have been to buy a big one and designate someone in our group to keep it.

Everyone always washed their hands before eating because of the Swine Flu so the hand sanitizer never got used.

Yes, we stayed at an all inclusive with the candy and bars came in handy in between meals, on the beach, and on excursions too.

#207 mosart

mosart
            • 24 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:32 AM

This is so helpful, thank you to all that have posted.

#208 mmontgo

mmontgo
              • 191 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:57 PM

Very helpful information. I would have bought the cute Spanish books myself!

#209 ACA Amy

ACA Amy
                • 88 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:02 PM

What we put in our bags:

We used the cheap tote canvas bags and ironed on our "logo". Everyone loved these and even the guys used them to go down to the pool! I had bought nice brown glossy paper bags first, then at the last minute changed my mind and got the canvas totes instead. Soooo glad I did!

Anyway, inside we had:
                  1 large water bottle (with our own label) per guest
                  1 Corona and lime (per guest)- BIG HIT!!!
                  Hand sanitizer- (definately used- especially since swine flu outbreak)
                  Pepto Bismol chewable tablets- (may not have been, but glad I had them in there just in case)
                  Imodium tablets- (may not have been, but glad I had them in there just in case)
                  First aid kits (band-aids, etc.)
                  Shout wipes- also, not sure if they were used by guests, but I used mine!
                  OFF insect repellant wipes- not sure if used, but again, I used mine!
                  Keychain bottle openers from Acapulco (everyone loved this along with the Coronas)
                  Travel size sunblock- (I used it on the honeymoon- think some guests used it as well since they were so small and easy to take to the pool)
                  Kleenex
                  Candy, cookies, chips, granola bars
                  Thank you card
                  Itinerary

I think that's it. I didn't feel like I had left anything out and was pretty happy with everything I put in.

#210 Kits55

Kits55
                  • 607 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
                  • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:12 PM

Man, I wonder why my guests were such nimkumpoops? :) I was really hoping that they'd be a crowd pleaser but everyone just raved about the drinks and service. lol

Great job girls!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users