The biggest hits for us were :
- Alka Seltzer. Everybody drunk so much they were pretty much used after the Friday night !! I should have put some more in the hungover kits
- After-bites wipes. Big hit.
- Deet-free mosquito repellent. Some guests did not have mosquito repellent at all. Others went to natural reserves (Xel Ha, Xcaret) were insecticides are not allowed. Was a great hit !
- Aloe. A lot of people got sunburnt despite the welcome booklet advise...
- A lot of people used the Tums, Advil, and Immodium too...
- The hibiscus coin purses. Everybody used them to put their pesos in.
- the pens
- the "meet the guests" pages - everybody loved it
The stuff not used :
- the energy patches. But they should have, everybody was pretty tired !
- the door hangers. Funny to make but not used at all.
The stuff I don't know about :
- the bags. Not used so much as the hotel here does provide beach totes, but might have been used in other places (guests continuing their vacation).
- the spanish for dummies
- the flip flop bookmarks
- the flip flop post-its (got these for posting messages on doors)
- the favors (plantable). I will find out later if people planted them !
The stuff I should have had :
- hand sanitizer. Yeah that was about that time ! But I had not planned for it at first and could not find any once I got here. Happily one of my BM found some in Houston before leaving (after a hunt...) so I put some in a basket on the bar during the cocktail with a little tag saying "active flu prevention" on it that I had prepared the night before leaving