Photo

My OOT Bags~ the big hits and the things that weren't used

• Please log in to reply
1232 replies to this topic

#171 scottgm2

scottgm2
  • 229 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:06 PM

this is really a great thread. Love the idea of everyone sharing what is a hit for the oot bags. this will help me. I was debating on the first aid kit but it sounds like something everyone needs

#172 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,193 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:23 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by meli122
      Can someone refresh my memory.....where did you buy your travel mugs?? I know I saw it but now I can't find it. TIA.
      I along with other BDW brides, used Discountmugs.com...Here is the link to their site with the cup that I used:
      Imprinted travel mugs

Along with another group of BDW brides, I recently ordered these custom color changing mood stadium cups. Here's the link to those:
      Custom Color Changing Mood Stadium Cups

Hope this helps you.

#173 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
      • 712 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:43 PM

I purchased the DIY mugs from dollartree. During my vacay this week I plan to start printing up what I'm putting in the liner of the mugs.

#174 Jingles202

Jingles202
        • 41 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 12:16 AM

The Papermart site is WONDERFUL! For the ladies who thought of making their own first aid kits....there are little tins on there that I thought would be perfect for those. of you who want to pack loose pills. If you ladies have Five Below in your area you should check there also, they have an awesome travel section as well as a great selection of Lip Gloss.

Five Below

#175 Mixie23

Mixie23
          • 56 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:52 AM

Hi everyone, great thread! Just a quick question. My mom is INSISTING that each bag be personalized and that there be a gift included within each one. She is telling me that anything less just cheapens the fact that these people spent all this time and money to make it to our wedding at a location they probably would have never chosen to go to if it hadn't been for the wedding. Is this normal? Should I be planning on spending a day in Playa del Carmen shopping for Talavera pottery, bottles of tequila, and Cuban cigars? How much am I supposed to be spending on these things? I had planned on including everything that has been discussed and more in our bags, and price is getting out of hand. Am I supposed to be buying everyone presents as well?

#176 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
            • 475 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:40 AM

This thread has been really helpful and I think that I have my OOT bag list almost finalized. I have seen some mention that they ordered beach towels (in other threads) but no mention of them here - were they a hit or a miss? I know most resorts provide beach towels, but I thought it might be nice and something to use when everyone gets home.
              Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#177 drtracy

drtracy
              • 436 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:46 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Mixie23
                Hi everyone, great thread! Just a quick question. My mom is INSISTING that each bag be personalized and that there be a gift included within each one. She is telling me that anything less just cheapens the fact that these people spent all this time and money to make it to our wedding at a location they probably would have never chosen to go to if it hadn't been for the wedding. Is this normal? Should I be planning on spending a day in Playa del Carmen shopping for Talavera pottery, bottles of tequila, and Cuban cigars? How much am I supposed to be spending on these things? I had planned on including everything that has been discussed and more in our bags, and price is getting out of hand. Am I supposed to be buying everyone presents as well?
                I don't have anything personalized within the bag, but we are making sure to have their names on a tag on the bag and we're putting a personal letter in each. If your mom's insisting on it why don't you delegate that to her to do, and pay for?

#178 LisGeo09

LisGeo09
                • 20 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:41 PM

Thanks ladies! We are buying most of our snacks at a price club when we get on the island but we are buying the rest of our items before we go so I do have 2 questions. We want to buy the advil packs in bulk and chapstick with spf. Can anyone tell me where we can find these? We already checked Costco but no luck. Thanks!

#179 niujess

niujess
                  • 167 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:50 PM

great thread. I'm starting to work on what I want to put in mine. I don't want to go too crazy because everything I choose I have to fit in my luggage.

#180 weddingchick

weddingchick
                    • 1,052 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:21 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Mixie23
                      It's not necessary but if your mom feels strongly about it just pick up a few inexpensive souvenirs. You can place them in a cute little package (wrap it, bag it, or place a bow on it) and include it in the OOT bag. To me, it's not worth debating. But if you've given in on several of her opinions, you should keep in mind that in the end, you should do what you envisioned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users