Photo

My OOT Bags~ the big hits and the things that weren't used

• Please log in to reply
1232 replies to this topic

#141 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
  • 712 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:11 PM

I plan to get the ones from Oriental Trading as well can someone comment on the size of them. Are they regular tote bag sized or are they a bit smaller?

#142 Ayita

Ayita
    • 861 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:54 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Prettyhazardous
      I plan to get the ones from Oriental Trading as well can someone comment on the size of them. Are they regular tote bag sized or are they a bit smaller?
      I don't know what is a "regular" tote but the size of the OTC bags is on the site : 16.5 inches.

#143 beachbride2009

beachbride2009
      • Banned
      • 228 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:48 AM

I instead bought the large totes with long handles from papermart...they only come in bundles of 25, but 50 large only cost $51.18 plus shipping, and I could get all the same colour. There is a large selection of colours...check it out!

#144 soonergirl

soonergirl
        • 27 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:10 AM

Thanks for the info about papermart. The bags look great and they are cheap! Did you get the 16" or 19" bags? I want the long straps, but I don't want a HUGE bag because I know I will want to fill the whole thing!
          Cori

#145 beachbride2009

beachbride2009
          • Banned
          • 228 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:48 AM

Cori...shoot! I didn't think about that, and yes, I will probably end up wanting to fill it too! I did order the largest size, the size one smaller was sold out, but dont ask me why I'm in a hurry, my wedding isn't until November!!! I'll post about them when I get them in. Just glad to have made a decision to cross off the list!

#146 LAURENANDBILL

LAURENANDBILL
            • 391 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:38 PM

Great info kelly!! Thanks!!

#147 Emily&Matt

Emily&Matt
              • 144 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:37 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO

The only thing that I second guess is the use of the monogrammed canvas tote as the OOT bag itself...
                Maybe I should have gone with the personalized paper gift bag or god forbid, skipped putting my monogram on it & just gone with a generic Jamaica design.
                Just food for thought for you brides to be!
                I wondered about that. If it was more generic the guests might use it after the wedding for something.

#148 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 12,193 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:50 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Emily&Matt
                  I wondered about that. If it was more generic the guests might use it after the wedding for something.
                  Yeah, in retrospect, I probably would leave out our names & just leave the palm trees & Jamaica 2008.
                  But truthfully, who knows if that really makes a difference? KWIM? I'll never really know who still uses the bags & thats really fine. It was meant to be useful while in Jamaica & they were very cost effective. Overall, I know that I saw all of my guests carrying their bag during the weekend & I know that I'll use mine forever & ever! LOL

#149 linzangel

linzangel
                  • 217 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:00 PM

Thanks....thats a huge help!

#150 purrfected

purrfected
                    • 396 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:22 AM

Thanks for the papermart info. That is a great deal for the totes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users