• Please log in to reply
1232 replies to this topic

#1221 JenniferH114

• 261 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Riviera Cancun
  • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:28 AM

Hi Ladies! I know tumblers have been discussed on here 1000 times, but I think we are going to scrap that idea and go with something else now. The question is... what else could we put in our bags to take the place of the tumblers, which were going to be a "nicer" gift. We decided to go with something else only because we don't think a lot of our guests would make use of the tumblers, or at least not enough to make it worth the purchase. (Of course, you're never going to get everyone to use everything you put in there.)

We already have the following for our bags, plus custom paper fans for the ceremony and custom maracas for the reception:

Thank you card
Custom Tote bags (from Wedding Chicks)
Custom Do Not Disturb signs
Flip-flop Bottle Openers
Hangover Kit Bags
Mini Aloe
Mini Sunscreen
Lip Balm (homemade)
Thank you sand jars (made by my mom)
Pepto Bismol
Gatorade Powder Sticks
Portable Individual Fans (battery operated)
We'd rather spend money on something useful, as opposed to something that we just know our group wouldn't benefit from (e.g. inexpensive sunglasses, etc.). It does not have to be something that's customized either.

Any items that really surprised or impressed your guests? I'm all ears!

Edited by JenniferH114, 09 March 2015 - 06:35 AM.

#1222 nadiakat17

• 462 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 27, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Puerto Vallarta

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:37 AM

Hmm we are doing custom koozies that say 2 less fish in the sea... But we're not at an AI. We are giving people Mini loofahs ( I always travel w one bc abroad it's sometimes hard to even find washclothes) . We are doing packs of gum, custom playing cards. I heard some people doing pashminas or water proof cases to hold room key etc . Towel clips? I know inexpensive sunglasses might not sound great but I thought they'd be useful for people that don't think ahead/break their one pair/ don't want to wear nice ones on boat etc

You can always put some money towards an excursion . Hope this helps

#1223 tracyannhoward

• 53 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:NOW Jade
  • LocationRiviera Maya

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:47 AM

I remember some talk about people getting insect repellent wipes.  Can anyone share where they purchased these?  All I'm finding on amazon has deet and I think that's a bit much for this trip.  I'd prefer to get deet free wipes.  Thanks!

#1224 MissMeg

• Site Supporter
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 05:01 PM

@tracyannhoward here are a couple links to some. If you look up "biodegradable insect repellent" you get a lot more results for DEET free products. 

“We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea - whether it is to sail or to watch it - we are going back from whence we came." -John F Kennedy

#1225 MNsunseeker

• 61 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:11 PM

Wow! So much great information on here :)

#1226 racht33

• 233 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 27, 2016
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun
      • LocationUSA

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:12 PM

This post has been the most helpful I've found yet!  I'm putting finishing touches on my OOT bags now and here's where I'm at. I'd love any thoughts or feedback!
      - Using a gable box since I assume most guests will bring a beach bag along.
      - Spanish phrase guide (Not just spanish words, but phrases.  May be a miss but my FI was into it and we think people may get a kick out of trying obscure phrases on each other). Found them for $2 on Amazon.
      - I found small cloth bags with a red cross on them for $9 for 15 bags on Etsy that I put individual packets of Advil, roll of Tums, Emergen C packets and bandaids in (all found on Amazon).  
      - Eos lip balm (Costco had them cheaper than Amazon)
      - waterproof phone case that is clear on both sides and lets you take pics and use the touch screen. I thought for the beach or water (e.g. swim up bar travel) our guests may appreciate them. (less than $6 a piece on Amazon). 
      - playing cards
      - Altoids (again cheaper at Costco than Amazon)
      I'm most excited about the waterproof phone case and I'll be sure to come back on after November and let others know if it was a hit or miss.

Do you have the link or name of thr waterproof cases u bought on amazon? . I love that idea!! It will be something everyone can use

57 Guest

#1227 jsparrow10

• Site Supporter
      • 116 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 10, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Iberostar Tucan
      • LocationAkron, Ohio

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:58 AM

We checked 4 bags and 2 of them were OOT bags.  we had lots of stuff, plus I assembled at home, which is less efficient packing wise (I didn't nest my cups) but way easer for a quick hand out when we got to hotel.   I also tied red ribbons on the ones for couples (2 cups) and blue ribbon for the single (1 cup) bags.   I think the cups and the bags themselves were the most used. The drugs (pepto, advil, tums) and first aid kit were close second.  the tide white sticks were also used allot.  I saw allot of door hangers, and room key holders too.  the playing cards were not really used, but we were blessed with good weather. 

Thank you so much for the ribbon suggestion! It's genius! I have been getting ready to order stuff for our OOT bags but trying to figure out what items are per person vs per room and how would I even go about doing that without losing my mind once we get to the resort. THANK YOU!

#1228 nadiakat17

• 462 posts
      • Wedding Date:March 27, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Puerto Vallarta

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:10 AM

People really liked the aloe, headache meds, Imodium, and koozies oh and sunglasses for sure ( for ex one of my friends brought only one pair and it broke) I saw people w the bags. I didn't get a ton of feedback except people saying it was cute and thoughtful

#1229 BecomingaRiggio

• 134 posts
      • Wedding Date:June 21, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
      • Locationdallas, texas

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:15 PM

Here are mine. My SIL offered to do them and I am stressed enough so i let her have at it. Attached File  uploadfromtaptalk1429067738103.jpg   341.53KB   14 downloads

#1230 misskriss

• 6 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 15, 2017
      • Wedding Location:Jamaica
      • LocationToronto Ontario Canada

Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:09 PM

Just started reading the thread and my questions will probably be answered as I make my was through it (may take a while) but I was wondering about the snacks. We have several kids in our group that like specific kinds of chips, cookies etc. and I'm wondering if we can bring some of these snack foods to Jamaica. Was thinking of including some in the OOT bags.

Also wanted to include Heinze ketchup packages in the OOT bags. I'm not a big Ketchup eater, most my other Canuck guests are Ketchup freaks. I know when I visited Cuba what they said was Ketchup was no where close to what were used to. I figured I could sneak a dozen or so packages into each bag and they could grab a couple on their way out their rooms for the meal. Good idea or no?

There are many great idea's on this thread and hope to eventually read the whole thing.

I plan to include in OOT my bags:

- Canvas Bag

- Custom Travel Mug

- Pen

- Suduko or Crossword book

- Kleenex

- Bug Wipes

- Baby wipes

- Hand sanitizer

- Sunburn Gel

- First Aid Kit

- Tide Pens

- Snacks (if allowed)

- Ketchup pks (if allowed)

- Luggage Ties (great idea to give out before hand)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users