1232 replies to this topic

#1171 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,505 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:37 AM

My dollar store vent. 1oz hand sanitizer $1. Pack of 2 3oz hand sanitizer $1.25. The bigger bottles just won't work as I'm filling my stuff inside our tumblers but how dumb they'd be cheaper.

But if anyone wants 'wet wipes' Dollarama has a box of 24 individual wipes for $1.25. Not name brand but a good price :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calgarybride2015, 20 August 2014 - 11:38 AM.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#1172 BrideToBeJolie

BrideToBeJolie
  • 161 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 7, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Riviera Cancun

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:17 PM

Thanks so much everyone for sharing all these great ideas!

#1173 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,505 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:22 PM

Bath and body works has the hand sanitizer on for 5 for $5 (regular 3 for $5). Cause I'm sneaky I went up and bought my purchase and got my coupons. There was a 20% off coupon so I went back up and bought my hand sanitizer. I suck at counting apparently so still a bit short but did good :)

Another coupon was a free hand sanitizer with any purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calgarybride2015, 21 August 2014 - 06:23 PM.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#1174 Tanya81

Tanya81
  • 174 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Gran Caribe Real, Cancun MX

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:21 PM

For anybody that was looking for disposable cameras, I was thinking about ordering these wedding themed 1's from  http://www.efavormar...gcameralot.aspx

I do have a #hashtag tag that I will be giving my guest for digital pictures, but I thought a disposable camera would be a fun throw-back idea. I plan on having a pic contest where everyone turns their camera back into us and we develop them and send them to our guests via email and pick a winner for best pics. It's so easy to good pic now when you can review, delete and repeat, but let’s see how good one can do with no review.

Plus now a days you can get prints at 10 cents a pop and sometimes less, so cost shouldn't be much. And I think this would be a nice way to bring back memories when guests receive their pictures weeks after the wedding.

Edited by Tanya81, 29 August 2014 - 10:25 PM.

#1175 LauraM

LauraM
  • 232 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace, Cancun Mexico

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:19 AM

I told my fiance that since we are using wedpics and everyone has a camera or iphone I think it is pretty useless but he wants them! We shall see who wins. I would rather spend that $50 on cameras on the hangover kits he know wants to do. I was not going to do the OOT, but now I have cups and will just fill those with some items.

Yes or even Walmart would do them.  I would have to assume so as you can still buy them! lol!   To be honest I haven't checked but feel confident they would.

Side question -  I saw some brides on here buy large bottles of meds and divy them up in the small baggies.  Yay or nay? I am not sure I want to do it, but it would sure help with cost and the ability to find things! Canada sucks for those sample sized things.

Since I am putting the things in my cups, I thought - advil, hand sani, tums, pepto (maybe), gum, bandaids, and a treat.  (haha assuming this will all fit in a tumbler)

On my wedding website (and probably in my newsletter as well) I listed for people to make sure to bring pepto, immodium, rx, etc.

Nay. I don't think many people would feel safe taking them... even though they do trust you and most meds are fairly identifiable, still a little questionable. 

#1176 MontegoBayBridePA

MontegoBayBridePA
  • 33 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 8, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:27 AM

Yea I wouldn't take an individual pill laying around. The pepto bismols are wrapped individually though. I bought tylenol and advil individual packets in bulk on amazon.

#1177 seb1230

seb1230
  • 6 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 26, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:03 AM

This post has been the most helpful I've found yet!  I'm putting finishing touches on my OOT bags now and here's where I'm at. I'd love any thoughts or feedback!

- Using a gable box since I assume most guests will bring a beach bag along.

- Spanish phrase guide (Not just spanish words, but phrases.  May be a miss but my FI was into it and we think people may get a kick out of trying obscure phrases on each other). Found them for $2 on Amazon.

- I found small cloth bags with a red cross on them for $9 for 15 bags on Etsy that I put individual packets of Advil, roll of Tums, Emergen C packets and bandaids in (all found on Amazon).  

- Eos lip balm (Costco had them cheaper than Amazon)

- waterproof phone case that is clear on both sides and lets you take pics and use the touch screen. I thought for the beach or water (e.g. swim up bar travel) our guests may appreciate them. (less than $6 a piece on Amazon). 

- playing cards

- Altoids (again cheaper at Costco than Amazon)

I'm most excited about the waterproof phone case and I'll be sure to come back on after November and let others know if it was a hit or miss.  

#1178 Bride2b15

Bride2b15
  • 151 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams riviera cancun mexico

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:05 AM

Thanks for this thread its been really helpful as we are just starting to think about what to put in and what would be useful. I love the idea of drinks for dummies, where did you find it?

Very helpful thanks alot!

#1179 Bride2b15

Bride2b15
  • 151 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams riviera cancun mexico

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:46 AM

Great information Ladies, much appreciated!

#1180 ChristienEarnest

ChristienEarnest
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:08 AM

@JUSTUSTWO

Where did you purchase the mugs? I want to do bags also but I need to find good quality bags.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users