• Please log in to reply
1232 replies to this topic

#1151 nadiakat17

nadiakat17
  • 462 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 27, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Puerto Vallarta

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:50 PM

i plan on doing one bag per couple or one per single except adding 2 tumblrs, 2 koozies, etc. im sure they can share the suntan lotion, etc. 

Are you guys giving one to your bridal party, parents, sibs etc? Skipping it? Or giving them a special one?

#1152 cankem80

cankem80
  • 185 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 22, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Montego Bay Jamaica
  • LocationSt. Louis, Mo

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:15 AM

great lists

#1153 happywife77

happywife77
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:48 AM

magicfeather.ca if you are getting married in Punta Cana and dont want to deal with putting the bags and items together and bringing them down. I have become email friends with the lady that runs the company and she is a sweetheart. Happy planning ladies!

#1154 MoniluvsMase

MoniluvsMase
    • 13 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:15 PM

What a helpful thread!! Initially I wasn't planning on putting travel mugs in my OOT bags but after reading through all these posts I've decided it's a necessity at an all-inclusive resort!

Here's what I have so far-

-Jute travel bags that I designed to say Cabo San Lucas with a picture and our date from discountmugs.com - I didn't personalize them too much because I'm hoping my guests will use them again

-personalized wedding koozies from totallyweddingkoozie.com 

-mini flipflop notebooks and palm tree pens from oriental trading

-flipflop cellophane bags that I'm going to attach a note to that says "Oh Shit! Kit" which will contain:  

advil, sunscreen, aloe, tums, tissue, shout wipes, bandaids and SPF chapstick

-Welcome letter

-Itinerary

-Map of  Cabo

I'll be adding

-the free mini language translation book that was earlier noted in a post-What a great find!

-Meet the Guests list

@ashleyrose5

Where did you find the map of downtown cabo?

#1155 nadiakat17

nadiakat17
      • 462 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:38 PM

what's a meet the guests list?

#1156 nadiakat17

nadiakat17
      • 462 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:30 PM

do you find that guests like the luggage tags? I see a lot of people doing them, wondering if it is worth it

#1157 xxalex18

xxalex18
      • 151 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:29 AM

Thank you to all for the lists! very helpful :)

#1158 bkprettygirl

bkprettygirl
        • 122 posts
        • Wedding Date:June 1, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Costa Rica

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:31 AM

Thanks for sharing!

#1159 Tiffany1221

Tiffany1221
        • 150 posts
        • Wedding Location:Jamaica!
        • LocationUnited States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:34 AM

Anyone that had a wedding in Jamaica find the off wipes useful to their guests? I took out the sunscreen from the list because I know guests will bring their own.

The Future Mrs. Santos 

#1160 jaspbri0317

jaspbri0317
        • 79 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 13, 2018
        • Wedding Location:Curacao

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:46 AM

what a great thread! I recently went to/helped plan a destination wedding and the things we used most was the motrin, tylenol, etc and the nice insulated travel mugs (we went to the bars and they made our drink right in the cup for us!) we also had a bug bite relief stick that went with us everywhere we went! really helpful!

I saw some people were including luggage tags too, but we were sent luggage tags along with a little newsletter about a month before the wedding so we were able to use the luggage tags on the way there too! and everyone I saw DID use them! so that is not a waste of $$!

we also had flip flops, crossword puzzle book, spanish for dummies, and a few other things but honestly, we hardly used any of it! really great ideas, but not totally practical! (plus, most people brought their own flip flops, beach bag, etc.)

if you are working on a tight budget, i'd say skip the little cute stuff and put in some more medicine! betweeen the drinking and eating food from a different country, almost everyone had some minor tummy issues and we were really glad we had some stuff to combat it!

oh! I almost forgot! the entire wedding party ended up doing an excursion to the Mayan Ruins and because it is in a national park, we weren't allowed to bring regular sunscreen- only natural sunscreen. it would have been really nice if the bags included a bottle of natural sunscreen for the day trip! (because it was hard to find and a little expensive!)

Edited by jaspbri0317, 15 August 2014 - 08:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users