Photo

My OOT Bags~ the big hits and the things that weren't used

• Please log in to reply
1232 replies to this topic

#91 merocket59

merocket59
  • 937 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 05:34 PM

Kelleylove- that is such a good idea, My cousins in Ireland and I visit each other and are always finding new colloquialisms that the other doesn't know, it is fun to "translate" in the same language!

Saraece- I love the mini sharpie idea, maybe I'll just do that and write the first note and let others replace it! Thanks for the idea!

#92 marryinghimagain

marryinghimagain
    • 479 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 05:49 PM

This is a wonderful thread! Thank you to everyone. There are things here that I never even thought of. I just love these boards!!!

#93 colby2277

colby2277
      • 75 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:51 AM

Very helpful JUSTUSTWO, thank you for your input as well. I'm sure your bags will be used more than you thing :)

#94 TinaM2b

TinaM2b
        • 445 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:41 PM

I am posting this on several threads so as many people looking can get some. I found some travel size first aid kits that have a little of everything but triple antibiotic cream for $1.10 each. They also sell the individual triple antibiotic creams for cheap, which I also bought.

The name of the online store is First Aid Monster and the kits can be found at
          J & J DISPOSABLE FIRST AID KIT FOR CUTS AND SCRAPES Personal First Aid Kits

Once I get them, I am going to put our logo and some sayings on the plastic box to personalize them. I am also going to make the box a recovery, oops and ouchie kit, I plan on adding shout wipes, Excedrin, and Immodium to them to cover a little bit of everything.

#95 misskaytee

misskaytee
          • 154 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:00 AM

Those travel kits from J & J disposable can also be found in stores! I know Target, CVS and other drug stores have them in their travel section for a dollar as well- and you won't have to pay shipping!
            http://www.weddingco...r/6q70cliba.png

Our Website (updates on our wedding, the house we just bought, and more!) http://www.freewebs.com/kayteeandcj/
            Wedding Website:http://weddings.thek....rd=&MsdVisit=1

#96 lperron

lperron
            • 29 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:02 PM

Thanks for posting!! Very useful

Attached Files

#97 boven

boven
              • 193 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:52 PM

I agree with everyone; knowing what worked well and not so well in the OOT bags is very helpful. Being new to the forum, I have only just started to think of these things, but I have debated as to which kind of OOT bag will be most useful for guests so as to not be wasteful (tote or durable paper bag). I also think creating a DIY Spanish translation book/handout will be something we will attempt. I'm looking forward to hearing more from the veterans on this forum.

#98 calchik

calchik
                • 166 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:39 PM

i was going to copy this and make it prettier to toss into mine for a spanish english thing
                  Basic Travel Spanish Mexico : TravelYucatan.com

and i found this which i'm going to make a little card out of too
                  Currency Converter for 164 Currencies
                  pick your currencies, then go 'convert now', then on the right is a 'travellers cheatsheet'. voila!
                  but do it closer to your date cuz the currency rate is based on what date you do it

#99 IndianBride

IndianBride
                  • 176 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:41 PM

Great currency info - thanks!

#100 Jen_S

Jen_S
                    • 3,737 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:54 PM

the travelers cheat cheat is awesome I was just making on of these last night this is so much easier!!!!
                      Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users