Photo

My OOT Bags~ the big hits and the things that weren't used

• Please log in to reply
1232 replies to this topic

#1 KLC77

KLC77
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:21 AM

So, I thought it might be helpful for people who are putting together their OOT bags to know some of the things that people liked in mine and what they didn't really use.

My bags had a lot of different stuff in them. The things that people used most and were really excited for were:

The Find a Word Puzzles/ Sodoku books~ A Big Hit!
    Decks of cards (a last minute addition that I'm glad I put in)~ it was cloudy for several days and these came in handy
    First Aid Kits~ the bandaids were good for people who got blisters
    and the Pepto bismol tablets and Motrin

The things that weren't used that I could've done without were:

The sunscreen with spf 30~ everyone knew they were heading somewhere sunny and packed their own
    Mini beach balls~ I didn't see one of these used except by my FI who kept beaning me in the head and finding it hilarious! lol
    Spanish for Dummies books~ as cute as they were no one read them
    OFF wipes~ I never saw a bug and no one mentioned anything about them

I also would've added twice as many Motrins to the bags. I put in the 99 cent packs that had a total of 6 tablets in them. People used them and probably could've used more.
    ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#2 cdc0427

cdc0427
    • 330 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:58 AM

Good Thread, thanks for the info. I hope everyone will begin to list their shoulds and shouldn'ts

#3 MarieSam

MarieSam
      • VIP Member
      • 2,336 posts
        • LocationSouthern California

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:16 AM

Great suggestions Kelly!! I've always wondered if those Spanish language books were worth it ~ that's why I went for the free pocketsize language guides I found online and am planning to just print those out. Besides being free, it also just keys in on the main phrases. But again the best part, it's free and ya can't beat that!!!

#4 kelleylove

kelleylove
        • 19 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:14 AM

have any of you done your own fun translation guides? I am American and marrying a British man and we constantly laugh at the translation issues... thought it might be cute to include a British/English phrase book. What do you girls think?

#5 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
          • 2,233 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:17 AM

Thanks for the heads up, just making my list now and this sure helps with some of the decisions
            July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#6 maymeliabride

maymeliabride
            • 31 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:42 AM

I agree this is good info to have, I hope more people post their results as well. :)
              I am really interested to know if guests enjoyed/ used the travel mugs as they are one of the more expensive items I was planning on putting in the bags! Thanks Kelly!

#7 DWbride09

DWbride09
              • 171 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:53 AM

Great thread, good to know!!
                I had my doubts about a few of those items and I think you answered them for me.

#8 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 12,193 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:38 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by KLC77
                  So, I thought it might be helpful for people who are putting together their OOT bags to know some of the things that people liked in mine and what they didn't really use.

My bags had a lot of different stuff in them. The things that people used most and were really excited for were:

Decks of cards (a last minute addition that I'm glad I put in)~ it was cloudy for several days and these came in handy
                  First Aid Kits~ the bandaids were good for people who got blisters
                  and the Pepto bismol tablets and Motrin

I also would've added twice as many Motrins to the bags. I put in the 99 cent packs that had a total of 6 tablets in them. People used them and probably could've used more.
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by maymeliabride
                  I agree this is good info to have, I hope more people post their results as well. :)
                  I am really interested to know if guests enjoyed/ used the travel mugs as they are one of the more expensive items I was planning on putting in the bags! Thanks Kelly!
                  My big hits:
                  The deck of cards
                  First aid kit which had packets of Tylenol, Motrin, & Immodium, Purell hand wipes, & chapstick
                  Flip flops for both men & women
                  The mini-wallet/purse used as a key card holder or for money
                  The pashminas-the women loved them, especially for late nights in the lobby, on the beach & in restaurants for dinner.
                  And yes, the travel mug was the biggest hit by far! Everywhere we went on the resort, my guests had their mugs. It was very convienent and well used at the bar!

The only thing that I second guess is the use of the monogrammed canvas tote as the OOT bag itself.
                  While I loved it & will certainly use it again & again, I wonder who else will really use it again, with the exception of my mother! While it made for a great beach bag as I did see my guests using it on the beach or on our shopping tours, I'd still love to know if it will get used this summer by anyone else. Maybe I should have gone with the personalized paper gift bag or god forbid, skipped putting my monogram on it & just gone with a generic Jamaica design.
                  Just food for thought for you brides to be!

#9 jennyatk

jennyatk
                  • 53 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:38 PM

in the same place as the spanish for dummies I found drinks for dummies. They have about 25 different drinks and how to make them my guests are excited for them to take up to the bar and try out new drinks!! so just a thought since the spanish wasn't a big hit.

#10 Danniellou

Danniellou
                    • 815 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:41 PM

This is a really helpful thread!!!! Thanks for posting!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users