Photo

Dress Advice - What Would You Do?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:49 PM

wow love the dress! you look great in it! leave it the way it is....can appreciate the fullbeauty of the dress that way!

#12 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,368 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:51 PM

I'm having my train turned into a sweep train so I can keep it down the whole time. Just my two cents.

#13 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
      • 4,881 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
      • LocationNew York

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:52 PM

I LOOOOOVE the look of it down. I'd leave it down for the ceremony (and obviously some photos) and the bustle it for the reception.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#14 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 04:03 PM

I love it down, cuz the train is what makes a wedding dress not jsut an evening gown. To me anyway. My train was reallllly small, but I left it down and bustled it for the reception. I accidentally wore it bustled the entire AHR also. I had it bustled for ease in the beginning and then forgot all about it. Just like I forgot to do any photos with my veil at the AHR! Dumbass.

However, if you decide you don't want a train, the bustle looks great and I would just do that instead of cutting it...

#15 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
        • 2,424 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 04:32 PM

I love the look of the bustle! you could just take it down for a couple of pictures and put it back up.

#16 Bridget810

Bridget810
          • 168 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:08 AM

Ha! I was going to say exactly what Dolfinluck said: it looks great bustled; keep it bustled for the ceremony and reception, but take it down for some of the pictures! Best of both worlds, and it'll save you some money. :) PS That dress is gorgeous; is it a Maggie Sottero?

#17 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
            • 5,649 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:22 AM

Bridget - thank you!! :) Yes, it is a Maggie Sottero, style name is "Carla".

#18 katedoeseurope

katedoeseurope
              • 71 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:28 AM

If it were me I'd leave it down for the ceremony and pics. It would be a shame to hide all that gorgeous fabric! But def get the bustle so you can have fun at the reception. You look stunning by the way!

#19 kelleylove

kelleylove
                • 19 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:53 AM

Not sure if you are considering reselling your dress, but removing the train would make that more difficult. Plus the bustle adds another dimension to the shape of the dress... and I agree that one of the great things about doing a destination wedding is that we pick and choose the rules that we want! have fun with it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users