Making your wedding day unique - collection of ideas

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Marija

• 10 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:19 PM

I thought it might be useful if we share some ideas about how to make your wedding day less generic and instead include something different and special in the ceremony and reception. I'll start with a few simple ideas and I'm hoping we can build on it.

1. legalize the marriage at home or right before or after the ceremony, but have a friend or relative perform the brief symbolic ceremony - i've seen some videos of the typical legal ceremony: spanish first, translator, "this marriage is made legal by the 4 witnesses...", they name the witnesses and go on about how this is a legal requirement in mexico

2. write your own vows

3. slide show during the reception of baby photos, growing up, how we met, and the time leading to the wedding - this might be hard and $$$ to set up

#2 tchuchuca

• 361 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:47 PM

We're going to incorporate my heritage slightly and subtlety. I'm Brazilian, so we're going to have some Brazilian candies in our candy buffet as well as the guys will all be wearing Havaianas (Brazilian flip flops) on the beach. That helps for uniqueness, right?!?

#3 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:03 PM

Our friend is going to play the bagpipes for our recessional and after the ceremony on the beach a bit of an Irish touch!
        Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#4 ohiobride15

• 156 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:13 PM

My brother is going to read a poem that he wrote during our ceremony.

#5 nibsmom

• 564 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:11 PM

We are hoping to enter our reception amist all our guest with super long sparklers. (lit, of course)....I think it would make for awesome pictures!

#6 KelandJay81

• 158 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:09 PM

Love this! One of my best girlfriends is singing as I walk down the aisle. I have been listening to her recorded version of First Time Ever I Saw Your Face to desensitize myself to the song. It makes me tear up every time I hear it...lol

I won't be able to see Jay as I make my way down the aisle.

Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica
              January 12, 2012

51 Booked!!! Wooooo hoooo!
              Our Wedding Website

#7 TropicLover

• 293 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:26 AM

Great ideas! 

We're thinking of having a Mojito Bar during cocktail hour.  There will be 4 different kinds all with funky names related to where everyone flew in from (Vancouver, Toronto, LasVegas and Australia).  I haven't quite finialized the names yet, but we're thinking of something quirky for each.

Most of our guests (actually all of them) have never been to a DW so hopefully this will go over well.  I'll also need to include a couple of virgin cocktails for the non-drinkers. The actual reception will have a fully stocked bar.  So excited! 

#8 Sllefebvr

• 1,008 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:19 PM

Would love to hear more ideas!! I am looking for some unique ideas!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users