My family needs help!!

~*~Margie~*~

HI everyone, I am posting here because of how huge and widespread this forum is. I have an aunt who is in a terrible situation right now and my family needs help, we are doing everything we can and it is still not enough. I just want to get the word out. Please read/view if you want to. Thank you.

EXCLUSIVE: Trapped in a Medical Nightmare | NBC Philadelphia

i am soooo sorry about this situation! i agree with Carly - maybe you can write to Oprah or Dr. Phil or even one of the local show here in Philly.

have you thought about hosting a fundraiser at a local NJ restaurant? you can usually get other local business to donate door prizes and charge like a $20 donation per ticket - i am sure you could get some local news coverage too.

good luck with everything!!!

Thank you all for the comments and for taking the time to read this. This story aired on NBC 10 in Philadelphia on the 11p.m. news last night as the top story. We knew it would be posted on their website but apparently it is on NBC sites nationwide. We were prepared for the donation questions in the tir-state area where people can visit a TD Banknorth to donate to the "Laura Beckett RSD Fund" I am working right now to find out what information can be given to people outside the Philadelphia area that may want to donate.

I did contact Oprah, twice actually and received no reply, no even an acknowledgment of receiving my emails. But I am sure 1000's of people write to her so she can't respond to all of them. Philly news stations have been the best so far. NBC picked up the store and ran with it, ABC picked it up first but haven't air anything yet, we were told it would air next Tuesday. There is also going to be a story in the Philadelphia Daily News. I'll try to keep this thread up to date and thank you again for taking the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoursTruly View Post
wow i can't even imgine...what charity avenues has your family explored to get medical relief? you guys are in my thoughts and prayers.
So far we have been in contact with several RSD foundations, many of which seek to raise funds to help people obtain the treatment she was there for originally so they have not offered much assistance to bring her home. We have also contacted several companies that provide charity medical flights, however, they only fly people who can walk onto the plane which my aunt can't do. We have also contacted the Red Cross with little success and the military, which may be an option but there is so much red tape to get through that it is taking a long time. The treatment was supposed to be 5 days with 5 to 7 days of therapy afterward, the trip should have been 2 weeks tops and it is now going on three months. In addition to my aunts health we are worried for my cousin there with her who, being in a foreign country alone is taking its toll, she gets to spend 2 hours a day with my aunt, the other 22 she spends alone in a hotel room. Thank you again for the supportive comments.