So I finally went Dress Shopping tonight..... ***PICS*** POLL ADDED

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 boscobel

boscobel
  • VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:59 PM

I would def try one some dresses in white and ivory to see what looks better on your skin tone. I looked like crap in white. It was too stark against my pale skin, hair and eyes. Ivory was more sublte for me. So it's definately about YOU, and what works best for you. So the pics above are ivory? Cuz I really thought they were white... I think the ivory coloring is flattering on you, but can't say 100% since there is no comparison. Def go try more stuff on to get a better idea of what you want!

#42 **~Jenn~**

**~Jenn~**
    • 1,236 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 04:23 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by carly
      I would def try one some dresses in white and ivory to see what looks better on your skin tone. I looked like crap in white. It was too stark against my pale skin, hair and eyes. Ivory was more sublte for me. So it's definately about YOU, and what works best for you. So the pics above are ivory? Cuz I really thought they were white... I think the ivory coloring is flattering on you, but can't say 100% since there is no comparison. Def go try more stuff on to get a better idea of what you want!
      Actually the first one is Ivory...The second Picture is in White I believe. I originally tried the second one on in Ivory, but since I was so adamant I wanted whit, she found me a white one so I can see what it looks like.
      Everyone really loved the Ivory...And I did, But I just want a white dress. I know, I gotta be difficult! LOL
      Married @ Dreams Cancun 06/24/09
      My Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....24-09-a-45066/Pics By Juan Navarrohttp://www.facebook.....9&l=32db696cd3

#43 RoryS

RoryS
      • 230 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 04:33 PM

The first one looks really nice on you - kinda like a Greek goddess. :)
        I really like the last one too, which gives you a really nice shape.

#44 litl_april

litl_april
        • 351 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:01 PM

I think both are beautiful but I voted for the first one. I think it looks absolutely fabulous on you. However as many others have said, you have to go with what you feel. As someone else mentioned too, it's worth finding out if you can get the lace-up put in by a seamstress. I was that girl too :) I always imagined having that corset back and of course the dress I found and fell in love with was zippered. So I talked to the seamstress I knew I'd be using to find out if she could alter that and she said there'd be no problem! So if you're leaning towards the first in style but not loving it because it's missing that dream detail, it's definately worth talking to a seamstress about! Good luck! Can't wait to see what you go with! Enjoy tomorrow!

#45 hollisandsteph

hollisandsteph
          • 419 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:18 PM

To tell you the truth my favorite is one of the runner ups. I like the 3rd to last one posted. I also like the last one too. But have a destination feel to them. Plus they look lighter and let me tell you from experience you will want a lighter dress. It gets HOT!

#46 tvt

tvt
            • VIP Member
            • 4,812 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:56 PM

I REALLY like the first one on you. It's beautiful!

#47 Positanobride10

Positanobride10
              • 205 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 08:03 PM

The DW dress is very nice

#48 PaddleAddict

PaddleAddict
                • 63 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:17 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by litl_april
                  I think both are beautiful but I voted for the first one. I think it looks absolutely fabulous on you. However as many others have said, you have to go with what you feel. As someone else mentioned too, it's worth finding out if you can get the lace-up put in by a seamstress. I was that girl too :) I always imagined having that corset back and of course the dress I found and fell in love with was zippered. So I talked to the seamstress I knew I'd be using to find out if she could alter that and she said there'd be no problem! So if you're leaning towards the first in style but not loving it because it's missing that dream detail, it's definately worth talking to a seamstress about! Good luck! Can't wait to see what you go with! Enjoy tomorrow!
                  I can tell you that you won't be able to have a lace-up put into dress number one due to the fabric and the way the dress is made/layered (although I suspect the OP already realizes that!).

It is a really gorgeous dress!

#49 soon2bePowers

soon2bePowers
                  • 382 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:49 PM

I voted for number 1. BUT I really like number 2 in the 'not' group.

You will look great in whatever you decide!!

#50 godaloveme

godaloveme
                    • 282 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:38 PM

my favorite was the second one in you runners i thought it was really faltering on you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users