Can I buy OOT bag stuffers in Mexico???

Did anyone buy any or all of their OOT bag stuffers at their location?

I was thinking of sourcing out the costs of most things in Mexico when I'm down there on vacation this month for our OOT bags next year.

For things such as shooter glasses (with our destination on logo) or mini tequila bottles, or sunglasses...

Anything to help lighten the load on the way down...what do you thinkhuh.gif

• VIP Member

Overall I think this is a good idea, for shooters and tequila and things like that. However some items are WAY over priced in Mexico such as suntan lotion. So if you are planning on putting those types of items in your OOT bag I would bring them with you.

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking about that same thing! But, I didn't want to chance it and get stuck purchasing things that i could have gotten cheaper back at home. The only thing we may be going to Costco for out in Los Cabos, would be to get the Water bottles for the OOT bags. From previous posts, they say it's a little bit more expensive.. But, worth not having to lugg 15 pounds of water bottles. We're arriving 4 days prior to our wedding, so, we plan on assembling everthing out there. GOOD LUCK!

Along that line, does anyone have any ideas for Mexico-inspired OOT bags? Not the contents, but the actual bags. I've been looking a little on the internet for something local-esque but all I've found are those mesh/plastic shopping bags & they're not really what I had in mind. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverangel View Post
Did anyone buy any or all of their OOT bag stuffers at their location?

I was thinking of sourcing out the costs of most things in Mexico when I'm down there on vacation this month for our OOT bags next year.

For things such as shooter glasses (with our destination on logo) or mini tequila bottles, or sunglasses...

Anything to help lighten the load on the way down...what do you thinkhuh.gif
The only things we bought down in Mexico for the OOT bags were postcards. We planned to buy snacks and bottled water down there, but were so busy the days before the wedding we didn't have time to go off the resort. We paid around $18 for the postcards. We were also able to buy the mini bottles of tequila at the Tequileria on the resort for the same price they were selling them in Playa del Carmen, we gave those away as wedding favors along with personalized packets of margarita mix. Since we were at an all-inclusive resort no one really needed the bottled water or snacks and we had plenty of other items for the bags that we brought down so it wasn't a big deal that we didn't include them. I would suggest bringing down typical OOT bag items and bags, and then if you have time to go shop to add more items great, but I wouldn't stress yourself out about it.

I was thinking the same thing, but I just got back from my on-site visit and I have decided to buy most of my stuff here. I'm doing maraccas too and I priced out a couple of them at different stores they are way cheaper on OTC. I am going to get there early and go to Costco for a few things for my OOT bags: water, mexican snacks and chiclets. Also, the costco in PV has Corona Light in cans they look like red bull cans, I thought they were so cute. And for the postcards, I am just waiting for Vistaprint to have one of their sales and I'll make my own, bc the ones I found in Mexico were a little expensive.