Photo

Calling the fashion police!!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 townie princess

townie princess
  • 298 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:42 PM

Ladies, I need your help because I can't make a decision on this and non-brides just don't understand...

Here's my dress

Click the image to open in full size.

I'm short, 5' 1" and will only be wearing 2 inch heels. I will probably wear my hair with fingerwaves and pin curls, very 1940's like. I have a fake fur wrap to wear with my dress too.

My dilema is, WHAT VEIL SHOULD I WEAR?

I have no idea and I think I've tried on every kind out there. I don't know if I should get a super long one, a finger-length one or something shorter because I'm shorter.

I don't know if I should get lace or beading or satin edge trim.

The only things I do know is that I don't want it to be poofy and I do like the idea of sparkly beading on it to go with my gown.

Ugh - ladies please give me some suggestions/advice on this.

Thanks!

#2 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
    • 2,754 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:48 PM

Hi there, your pics aren't showing up

#3 mrspeterson2b

mrspeterson2b
      • 34 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:02 AM

A birdcage veil would look fantastic and be suitable for your 40's era look!
        If you image google "birdcage veil," you can see tons of pics.

Good luck!

Christina

#4 townie princess

townie princess
        • 298 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:46 AM

Let's try the pics again...

#5 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
          • 2,777 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:09 AM

Veils in my opinion or tricky. They look different on every person, and everydress. My suggestion is to have your hair done the way you want it for your day and go in and try on veils w/ your dress and shoes. You won't really know how its going to work unless you have it all together.

Do you have to have a veil? I think that the birdcage veil is more your style for 1940's, but i personally don't think I'd like the bird cage w/ your dress. I really think w/ finger waves and pin curls may be best w/out a veil all together.

#6 shellb

shellb
            • 533 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:49 AM

I second Jacilynda...do a test run on the hair and go try some more on. I am short too and planned on fingertip length thinking it would look best. First time, went with my hair pulled back straight in a pony tail and hated every one I tried. Second time, went with my hair in an up-do with curls (a little bit like I plan on wearing it) and actually learned that I like floor length.

Although, that dress is gorgeous enough on it's own.

#7 WindyCityGirl

WindyCityGirl
              • Banned
              • 179 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:32 AM

I don't know about the veil but I have to say I love your dress! Great choice-- you will look fabulous! Who is it made by if you don't mind me asking?

#8 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
                • 1,681 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:41 AM

Your dress looks great! I agree with Jacilynda though! If you have to have a veil though, I would say go with a beaded trim veil.

#9 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 9,504 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:45 AM

If you decide to go with a veil, I would go with something really simple.

A sparkly hair flower would look really pretty and go with the vintage look. From that picture alone, I am picturing a single tier floor length/cathedral length to compliment the train. The back is so pretty I wouldn't want to cover it up.

I can sympathize with being short. I found that the shorter veils were better. I think mine was elbow maybe? I wore it up high and it came to mid-back. The longer veils tend to visually cut you, making you look even shorter.

#10 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
                    • 1,083 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:54 PM

Hmm... I think with that dress and hair; you will be completely vintage glam.
                      I would def do as the others ladies suggested; get your hair trial and then go to a bridal store and try on veils.
                      I am also picturing a birdcage veil for some reason with that dress and the look you are going for.. and I can also see what Erin is suggesting with the sparkly hair flower!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users