• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:57 AM

I think mini books for wedding party, not all the guests. it would get expensive, & I don't know how much guests would look at it.

in all my times as a bridesmaid & not getting a single picture of the wedding I wouldn't bother making a book for all the guests.

you could always share your shutterfly link (or whereever you make the books) and if they want one, they can order one.

I made shutterfly books for our parents & grandparents. Then there was that oprah special for free books so I made a copy for his sisters. I have a temporary book from shutterfly, but once I take the time to redesign it I'll order a much nicer & larger book for my copy. I didn't put the sexy TTD pics in the family book. I also designed it really fast, so i want to take my time now.

#12 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
    • 1,206 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:57 AM

I started on this well before Christmas and made up 2 to try out and see how I really felt about them. One was for us to bring back and forth to work for people to look at and the other was for Jays parents to have something for the same reason. Everyone wanted to see pictures but bringing our whole pro album was daunting enough. I went with Shutterfly for 8x8 books. I had 30 pages in total and went with only the pro wedding pics. Honesly, I just needed to make sure it was what I really wanted in a book that everyone would have.

Christmas Day came and all 13 books ordered after my orig purchase were opened... Everyone raved about them and how now they had the special moments. I didn't go overboard on size, but I think they are perfect. I was able to also get a buy one full price and then get so many for 40% off and then so many for 50% off each. I got 55% off... Saved a ton.

#13 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:59 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by ErinB
        Thanks ladies. I don't know why some things that seem so simple are so hard. And, I have a slight BDW addiction so anything wedding related has to be run past you guys first.

After your input and some others, I think I will make a large book with everything for the parents. I know my mom wants one big album of everything. The resort pics are pro & pro quality. I figure if the parents are going to show people, they can show them the whole trip. I do wonder about my dad and his parents because they got there 3 days after us so they missed the beginning of the week activities...I guess that is where the major confusion lies.

I will do a vacation book and a wedding book for us.

The mini books will have the pictures of us with the BP member or family throughout the trip and then a few wedding photos.

Maybe I should price all of this out first. That might make my decision for me!

I had a similar decision to make. my dad didn't go on the trip to coba, but I went ahead & left those pictures in his book. he'd rather see pictures of his kids doing stuff than pictures of things he was around for.

I was going to make different versions for everyone, but got burnt out and they all got the same.

#14 leahstafford

leahstafford
        • 713 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:50 PM

I would do big for yourself and parents and mini for everyone else.
          I would definitely look @ prices first. What co. are you using?

#15 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,504 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:54 PM

i didn't really do much research first (oops) and am using Euro Book through dotphoto.com.

They seemed to have the most options of the companies I looked at, as far as design goes. I didn't pay much attention to price or how to post/share your album if others want to order.

#16 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
            • Moderators
            • 25,218 posts
            • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
            • LocationSeattle

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:02 PM

oh man. when am i ever going to get time to do mine? i STILL havent bought the $40 version of lumapix that i meant to get forever ago. i reall want to use that to design mine, and then get nice professional looking photobooks. i did a couple of free oprah books, one of the BFW and one of the TTD, i still need to do the cabo wedding one, but these are all just not fantastic quality books. but they work great for sharing the pics with work friends and groups and not having to worry about bringing the expensive album around with us.

#17 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:12 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Abbie
              oh man. when am i ever going to get time to do mine? i STILL havent bought the $40 version of lumapix that i meant to get forever ago. i reall want to use that to design mine, and then get nice professional looking photobooks. i did a couple of free oprah books, one of the BFW and one of the TTD, i still need to do the cabo wedding one, but these are all just not fantastic quality books. but they work great for sharing the pics with work friends and groups and not having to worry about bringing the expensive album around with us.
              hold off on buying llumapix. i might have a link to free album designing software. i am going to download it tonight & see if it's good. if so I'll share the link.

#18 boscobel

boscobel
              • VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:18 PM

Oh share, please share Morgan!!!

I had the full version of Lumapix on my old computers, but I bought a new one for home and got a new one at work and now I only have the free trial at home. So boooooooooo!

#19 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:24 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by carly
                  Oh share, please share Morgan!!!

I had the full version of Lumapix on my old computers, but I bought a new one for home and got a new one at work and now I only have the free trial at home. So boooooooooo!
                  if you bought the full version before ypu should still be able to use it on your new computer. they also say its for one computer but then say you can use it on your work computer. I think the main thing is to not give it to someone else & have two people loggin in at the same time.

I just need to make sure this thing is open to share and see how it works. then I'll post it.

#20 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 9,504 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:00 PM

So how does Lumapix work? You make your own pages, then upload them to a photo book site? I'm guessing each page would be a big file...

I obviously know NOTHING about this process! lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users