Jump to content

Photo

Five months to go and probable resort change in the works!


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Chanti

Chanti
  • Jr. Member
  • 310 posts

    Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:07 PM

    Arghhhhh..... Trying to get better rates for my guests at Secret Maroma Beach, but my travel agent is having a really hard time negotiating with them... Turns out Secrets Capri has better rates, so great! Problem is we've already paid for our 2 weeks wedding/honeymoon AI stay at Secrets Maroma Beach through AirMiles (saved almost $2000 so worth it!). I'm trying to find out if we can "switch" that 2 week package over to Secrets Capri, while our Luxe Destination travel agent contacts the Secrets Capri resort to see if our wedding date is available... STD/invites not sent out yet, we were waiting to get the guest rate issue sorted out. :-( I'm having a bad day!

    #2 KatyKo

    KatyKo
    • Member
    • 851 posts

      Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:10 PM

      So sorry you are stressing! Sounds like as long as your date is available and you can switch your stay to the new place, you should be good to go. Some girls face the issue of needing to switch long after their guests have booked, so hopefully this will work out in your favor.

      And of course, all of us BDW girls are always here for you to vent to if you are having a bad day!

      #3 zethers

      zethers
      • Newbie
      • 135 posts

        Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:16 PM

        I hope it all works out for you. Good thing you have a travel agent to help you negotiate. Wherever your wedding ends up, it will be memorable. Good Luck.

        #4 sunsetbride1

        sunsetbride1
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,083 posts

          Posted 21 January 2009 - 06:33 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by KatyKo
          So sorry you are stressing! Sounds like as long as your date is available and you can switch your stay to the new place, you should be good to go. Some girls face the issue of needing to switch long after their guests have booked, so hopefully this will work out in your favor.

          And of course, all of us BDW girls are always here for you to vent to if you are having a bad day!
          I absolutely agree... I can't really add anything to what Katy said!

          #5 MartynKennyinMX

          MartynKennyinMX
          • Newbie
          • 20 posts

            Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:40 PM

            I'm soo sorry your stressing! It's pretty expensive to stay there (i'm getting married there on 7.18.09 and for just 5 night it's $1,129, no airfare) but we do get better rates through our travel agent. Also, you're coming from a distance...flight has to be more expensive compared from DC or TX.

            I don't know if this helps but on Orbitz.com they have SMB packages (air & hotel) that are very cheap at the moment, I think they are having a sale. It is saving people about $200 for both airfare & hotel and I contacted my TA and told them that my guests were hesitating booking through them since there are better deals online...my TA was willing to match the competitors price so that helped motivate alot of my guests to book. You might want to check on that... I got over 20 that booked in that week when I told them the good news because it is a deal you couldn't beat. It was coming out to like $1,290 pp from Maryland/DC to CUN through Oribitz. I was very happy our TA matched the competitors price. How much are your TA quoting you? Good luck!

            Marty




            0 user(s) are reading this topic

            0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users