#11 Christine

Christine
  • VIP Member
  • 21,514 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 18 April 2007 - 10:01 PM

I don't think it sounds like you want to wear it anyway...I would try to sell it or even donate it.
You will be so much more excited about a new dress anyway!
Where are you in VA?
Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#12 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 10:55 PM

I personally would want a new dress, just because I think I would always remember that I bought the dress to wear at a wedding in which I was supposed to marry someone else.

I'd probably try to sell it on Ebay...or maybe do a trash the dress session in it. ...have you heard about trash the dress photo sessions?
    My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
    Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#13 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
    • VIP Member
    • 2,347 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 10:59 PM

You know, when I read this at work, for some reason I thought you were asking if we all thought it would be bad luck for you to wear the dress for your wedding now. I just re-read the post and realized that's not at all what you were saying.

I say sell it and use the money for your wedding. If you want to "turn the luck around" where the dress is concerned, I would think there's got to be some charity out there where you could donate the dress.... in fact, I keep thinking there's some charity out there that sells the donated dresses to raise money for breast cancer programs....

#14 Jessica

Jessica
      • VIP Member
      • 11,939 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 11:13 PM

i'd sell it. or donate it.

#15 -Kate-

-Kate-
        • VIP Member
        • 7,676 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 11:14 PM

If you are asking that probably means you don't want to wear it. I'd donate it.

#16 acano1

acano1
          • 27 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 11:49 PM

Christine,
            I am in Virginia Beach!
            Andrea

#17 acano1

acano1
            • 27 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 11:50 PM

Jessalyn,
              What is a trash the dress session? I have never heard of this.
              Andrea

#18 anaderoux

anaderoux
              • 3,220 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 01:20 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Nini_Bride
                hmmm - personally I wouldn't wear a wedding dress I bought for a marriage to another man, even if the wedding didn't happen. That (to me) would be like Aaron giving me an engagement ring he bought for a previous girlfriend.
                Ditto.. that's exactly what I think.

#19 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                • 26,161 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 01:33 AM

I would sell it. I don't think it is bad luck to wear it but if that thought is in your head it will turn itself into a bad luck charm from the energy surrounding it. Then if something goes wrong you'll say "it's the dress". Ditch it. It will be fun to pick a new dress for your new man :o)

#20 lambert13

lambert13
                  • 901 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 09:09 AM

I figured I would give you some perspective from a guy...... Get rid of it. There is no way I would want my fiance Karen to wear a dress that she had bought in preparation to marry another man, and I know she would never do that. Someone else gave the example of an engagement ring bought for another woman. I know Karen would not be happy with a ring that I bought for someone else either.

I say sell it and use the money towards a new dress or donate it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users