Photo

Car rental in Cabo with Dominic (Tasha please read...but others welcome LOL)

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 DreaW

DreaW
  • Banned
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:56 PM

Hi Tasha ,
    So I went on Travel advisor and found the thread with Dominic's info and recommendations from other people on forum.
    It seems to me that you don't have to deal with all paper work that you have to deal with other rental car places there.
    And he gives you insurance? Is this right?
    You just pay cash?
    He drops of car at airport for you and you return it to airport?
    Is he from So. Cal.? I have his email and cell # and cell is a 949 number....(a very nice person on forum of Travel Advisor gave it to me)
    What did you and hubby think of him and his cars.... Please respond...When Erik and I go to Cabo this July I most likely will use him if he is that realible.
    drea

p.s Sorry if this sounds so confusing.

#2 jpkw

jpkw
    • VIP Member
    • 1,650 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 08:05 PM

Can you PM me his info? I definitely want to contact him and ask about rentals. thanks!

#3 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 08:07 PM

Yes Tasha or anyone can you forward me this guys info as well? THanks a million.

#4 DreaW

DreaW
        • Banned
        • 2,462 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 08:10 PM

Hi Tammy...
          got his number and email.
          Will PM it to u
          Andrea

#5 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
          • VIP Member
          • 931 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 08:45 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by DREA14369
            Hi Tasha ,
            So I went on Travel advisor and found the thread with Dominic's info and recommendations from other people on forum.
            It seems to me that you don't have to deal with all paper work that you have to deal with other rental car places there.
            And he gives you insurance? Is this right?
            You just pay cash?
            He drops of car at airport for you and you return it to airport?
            Is he from So. Cal.? I have his email and cell # and cell is a 949 number....(a very nice person on forum of Travel Advisor gave it to me)
            What did you and hubby think of him and his cars.... Please respond...When Erik and I go to Cabo this July I most likely will use him if he is that realible.
            drea

p.s Sorry if this sounds so confusing.

Chris made all of the arrangements with him so I am not sure of the details but basically it worked like this. We got off our flight, collected our 38912374829 bags and he was waiting for us outside of the terminal. We gave him cash, he gave us keys to the car, and his business cards and said that if we got into any trouble at all first that "he would kill us" and secondly to call the number on the card.

At the end of the trip we filled his tank back up and left the car at the airport with the keys under the mat (locked in the car)

it was that easy. We got into town on Tues. On thurs, my sister decided to get a car from him. He dropped it off at the hotel. Thursday night she lost her keys at the beach party (duh!) and one of his guys dropped it off at the hotel again on Friday for her.

he is really a character, and a very nice guy.

He is originally from Newport Beach.

#6 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
            • 1,876 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 10:38 PM

Thanks Drea and Tasha for all the info!
              My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
              Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#7 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 11:12 AM

Here is the quote I just got from Dominic

Hi Tammy; Absolutely. All vehicles include INSURANCE, UNLIMTED MILAGE, MEETING YOU AT THE AIRPORT and YOU LEAVING IT THE AIRPORT WHEN YOU DEPART. EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING IS INCLUDED. An economy car won't work for, too small for your party. What I have available that would work is 2006 Chevy Tahoe...100.00 dollars per day. 2001 Ford Expedition...100.00 dollars per day. 1998 Chevy Suburban...80.00 dollars per day. 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Larado Limited...60.00 dollars per day. If any of these will work for you PlEASE GET BACK TO ME AT YOUR EARILIEST CONVENIENCE as I am almost booked up for that time period. Thank you. Dominic

#8 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
                • 1,876 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 11:59 AM

And, here is the quote I received for 6/18/07 - 6/25/07:

Hi Jessalyn; Good to here from you and CONGRATULATIOS!!!! Cabo is the place
                  to get married, It's MAGICAL. OK here we go..:2006 Chevy Tahoe...100.00
                  dollars per day...2001 Ford Expedition...100.00 per day...2006 Ford
                  Explorer...70..00 per day 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan...70.00 per day...(all
                  these vehicles are 7 passenger capacity) All vehicles include INSURANCE,
                  UMLIMITED MILAGE, MEETING YOU AT THE AIRPORT and YOU LEAVING IT AT THE
                  AIRPORT WHEN YOU DEPART. EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING IS INCLUDED.
                  Thanks Dominic.
                  My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
                  Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#9 annkaley

annkaley
                  • 82 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 01:05 PM

He sounds like a great deal! Would one of you girls mind PMing me his contact information? I have been looking for a rental car!

Thanks!

#10 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
                    • 1,876 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 01:08 PM

I sent you a PM
                      My new man....Donovan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users