Doing a Welcome Dinner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIGH View Post
Our wedding is on Sunday also.....We will be having a welcome dinner Friday night at one of the restaurants on location at Dreams. Since it is an AI, We are just reserving spaces for our 30 or so guests and paying a little extra for the extra service so that they can be there to help and be prepared. My TA is actually doing all of this for me, but the resort should be able to help you in this area!
Good luck!
hey Leigh!
How much are you paying to do your welcome dinner in one of the restuarants? My fi and I are struggling with this and when i asked Claudia she said it would have to be another private event..which we cannot afford (same price as the wedding reception). I wanted to just get together in one of the restuarants but Claudia said we couldn't make reservations. We also are figuring on 60-80 people...maybe thats why?? I'll have to talk to Donna about this!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cancunbride2be View Post
hey Leigh!
How much are you paying to do your welcome dinner in one of the restuarants? My fi and I are struggling with this and when i asked Claudia she said it would have to be another private event..which we cannot afford (same price as the wedding reception). I wanted to just get together in one of the restuarants but Claudia said we couldn't make reservations. We also are figuring on 60-80 people...maybe thats why?? I'll have to talk to Donna about this!!
Yeah, They will only allow you to make reservations in one of the property restaurants for smaller parties.......we only have like 20 or so in our party!
Congrats to you for such a huge wedding party!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starchild View Post
La Palapa quoted $45pp for chicken, $59 I think for filet mignon, drinks not included

Los Burros quoted $22pp for chicken & beef fajitas, 2 beers & 1 margarita pp

River Cafe quoted $45pp I think it was fish & chicken?

We chose Barcelona Tapas based on food and killer views. My brother is an event planner and did the negotiating with the owner who is from Chicago and super nice. I think it's between $40-50 pp at this point. I know we get several cold and hot tapas pp, desserts, pitchers of sangria, softdrinks, and beers (all unlimited). The food is so varied and is served family style which will be great for getting guests to interact. There are tons of great places in P.V though. My WC suggested La Palapa and El Arrayan.

Thanks for the info. I greatly appreciate it.

Chantall

Quote:
Yeah, They will only allow you to make reservations in one of the property restaurants for smaller parties.......we only have like 20 or so in our party!
Congrats to you for such a huge wedding party!!!!!!
You know, I was just thinking.....Claudia did mention that they do on property special nights.....I think on Tuesday and Friday night's maybe? If our party was any bigger, we would go this route becuase it's already paid for and free entertainment for all of your guests!!!!!!! (I think that they will reserve tables for you and it's on the beach i believe)
Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
You know, I was just thinking.....Claudia did mention that they do on property special nights.....I think on Tuesday and Friday night's maybe? If our party was any bigger, we would go this route becuase it's already paid for and free entertainment for all of your guests!!!!!!! (I think that they will reserve tables for you and it's on the beach i believe)
Hope this helps!
Hi Leigh...I would love to do that BUT most of our guests are arriving on Wednesday and our wedding is Friday....it is a great idea though! This dress rehersal dinner is KILLING me!! It is sooo much extra money that we didn't think about when we budgeted ourselves. Not to mention the 20 extra people our parents insisted on having invited...AHHH

My fiance and I are hosting a Welcome Dinner at the Riu Palace on the beach. They are going to set up tables, a buffet, and a bonfire. We decided to have our welcome dinner on Friday night (our wedding is on Saturday). We are not sure yet what we will do for music.

All of my guests are coming in at the same time. (we will be there already) We are going to host a welcome coctail party after dinner the day everyone arrives. We will give everyone their welcome bags then. I am not doing a rehersal dinner, we don't need it, and I don't want to take up all of my guests time. Instead I want to have a farewell dinner at the end of our trip. This will allow three formal get togethers, the welcome coctails, the wedding, and the farewell dinner, all spread nicely apart throughout the week.

Kelly~

Oh yeah some other get togethers planned, my partner and his boys are going deep sea fishing, me and the girls a spa day, and the day of the wedding the guys are playing basketball. (this should keep them sobre, I hope)