My husband just lost his job

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 1elephant

1elephant
  • VIP Member
  • 15,998 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:56 PM

ick. i hope they realize how valuable he is!!

#22 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
    • 1,572 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:37 PM

awww, I'm sorry to hear that! I hope things pick up for you guys soon.

#23 tina82

tina82
      • 184 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:58 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by KAMAY11
        I am soooo sorry to hear this happened to you guys!!! I, too am terrified about lay-offs....I work in the oil & gas industry, and with the price of oil hovering around $35-40 US a barrel, things aren't as optimistic as they were in the summer. Like you said-at least you are not in the wedding planning stage-that would have been horrible!!
        I will keep my fingers crossed for you! It sounds like your husband is very good at what he does...hopefully he doesn't have a problem finding another job....

God I hope the economy turns around SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        SunBride - That sucks but think positive things sometimes happen for a reason.
        Hope everything works out for you good luck.

KMAY11 - We are in the same boat both FI and I work in the oil and gas industry.
        FI was let know at the beginning of the month there would be lay-offs, well yesterday he came home with good and bad news, his job was safe but his friend was let go.
        I got an e-mail a few days ago warning that the company I work for will be doing some lay-offs so now I am waiting to here the news.
        Hope everything works out for you, good luck.
        Christina

#24 Jenn

Jenn
        • 1,557 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:40 PM

I'm so sorry for everyone who has been affected recently! It sucks! My husband was laid off this summer (3 months after we bought our house) and I know how hard it is. My husband had a hard time pulling his ego out of the trash, but he's finally working again and has restarted school. Luckily I'm the major bread winner, but my DH wasn't doing too shabby before. We're scraping by these days, and hoping that 2009 will bring some better financial times.

I wish you all the best of luck!

#25 DWbride09

DWbride09
          • 171 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:01 PM

well if it makes you feel any better I was let go 2 months ago and FH was just laid off last week. Neither of us has a job and we're 4 months aways from our wedding. lol

All roads lead to success though, even the detours.

#26 KAMAY11

KAMAY11
            • 456 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:51 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by DWbride09
              well if it makes you feel any better I was let go 2 months ago and FH was just laid off last week. Neither of us has a job and we're 4 months aways from our wedding. lol

Oh my god!!!
              Sending positive thoughts your way!!!
              D & K
              October 16th, 2008-Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas

http://tickers.Ticke....7276/event.png

#27 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
              • 5,649 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:54 PM

Why did my post disappear? I posted on this thread yesterday afternoon and now it's gone....

#28 SunBride

SunBride
                • 1,499 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:48 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by DWbride09

Oh my gosh, that's awful! I'm so sorry. I'll stop pouting now.

#29 DWbride09

DWbride09
                  • 171 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:48 AM

LOLLL no need, I know how it feels. It sucks but I believe everything happens for a reason.
                    We're actally bonding and growing stronger now as a couple. So this could be a great thing for the both of you too!

#30 Chanti

Chanti
                    • 310 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:46 PM

Wow that's even worse than our situation. My fiancĀ© got laid off last week (permanently): he was a software developer for the real estate industry. Seeing as real estate in Toronto isn't doing too hot right now, it was not unexpected, but still a shock. At least Nathan knows there is no chance but I have to say his ego has taken a serious blow :-( He was also the best in his company and had been with them 8 years so was getting paid quite well. All the new hires were working for 1/2 his salary, so I think this is one of the main reasons they decided to let go of Nathan... He's spent the last week while I'm at work holed up in the basement and playing our PS3. We're trying to be optimistic since I am hoping to get a job in Ottawa and he'd been talking about going back to school anyways... Good luck to you and if you need to chat just PM me!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users