Photo

My husband just lost his job

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#11 SunBride

SunBride
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:03 PM

yes we have unemployment insurance in Canada. The rules are you make up to 55% of your salary up to a maximum eligible salary of 43 000$.
    So the maximum amount you can get is 450$ per week, or 23 4000$ per year.

His salary was considerably higher than that. But it will help a little.

#12 KAMAY11

KAMAY11
    • 456 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:46 PM

I am soooo sorry to hear this happened to you guys!!! I, too am terrified about lay-offs....I work in the oil & gas industry, and with the price of oil hovering around $35-40 US a barrel, things aren't as optimistic as they were in the summer. Like you said-at least you are not in the wedding planning stage-that would have been horrible!!
      I will keep my fingers crossed for you! It sounds like your husband is very good at what he does...hopefully he doesn't have a problem finding another job....

God I hope the economy turns around SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      D & K
      October 16th, 2008-Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas

http://tickers.Ticke....7276/event.png

#13 SunBride

SunBride
      • 1,499 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:48 PM

Poor you, good luck. Beautiful siggy pic though!

#14 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
        • 1,097 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:53 PM

so so sorry to hear about this...it is so sucky right now so we are rooting for you and hubby...

#15 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,532 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:59 PM

Aw, I'm so sorry to hear that! It seems to be a more common thing to hear these days though, unfortunately. It sounds like he's a great employee though so hopefully he will be able to find something else pretty quickly. And hopefully the economy will start to look up too! Hugs.

#16 Chiquita

Chiquita
            • 2,674 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 06:14 PM

Wow that's horrible.. I'm so sorry! I agree with Becks, sometimes the people that make the higher wages are the first to go. Hopefully he finds another job very soon.. it sounds like he's good at what he does so it shouldn't take too long... I hope.

#17 boscobel

boscobel
              • VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:32 PM

Wow, that just plain stinks. It seems to be such a common problem lately that its scary. I am glad you seem to have kept your head level and hopefully your hub can find a decent job quickly.

#18 Mel&B

Mel&B
                • 613 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:58 PM

I'm sorry that happened! It's so hard at first, but I'm sure he'll be ok. I have a good friend in software sales that was laid off. He found a job after 5 weeks and he's back at work now!

#19 clmarti1

clmarti1
                  • 207 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:09 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your husband. My fiance was laid off the day before he was originally going to propose to me. He was out of work for 4 weeks and then found a job that paid him 25% more. I'm sure your husband will find something bigger and better. Sometimes it just takes a little patience.

#20 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 4,853 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:21 PM

I am so sorry, that happend, this economy stinks. I will keep my fingers crossed that he finds something soon.
                      Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users