Photo

HELP! Guys Linen Pant Question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 soon2bePowers

soon2bePowers
  • 382 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:24 PM

I am about to order our Groomsmen and FI's attire and I had a question. I want to do linen pants, for those of you who had linen pants for the guys can you answer this.

The guys in our wedding party range in size. Do linen pants work with all body sizes? I know they come in lots of sizes but do they look okay and not like baggy PJ pants or skin tight pants on guys that are larger?

Thanks for your help!

#2 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,513 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:31 PM

We didn't do linen pants but my DH was in a wedding where they used linen pants - they looked ok, they were drawstring and they got kind of wrinkly. I have no idea what kind they were and I'm sure you could get nicer pairs too but that was our experience.

#3 soon2bePowers

soon2bePowers
      • 382 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:46 PM

Betsy,
        Did you do regular khaki pants or suit pants?

#4 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 4,513 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:54 PM

I just did regular khaki pants - we just had the guys wear black shirts and khaki pants - except DH who wore a suit - even though there are 1000 different colors of khaki it looked fine - I'll show you a pic. Are you thinking of doing khaki ones? I will say one thing - DH has never worn his linen pants again - mostly b/c I hate ironing and I can't seem to get the wrinkles out - Maybe others have had better luck with linen pants though??

Click the image to open in full size.

#5 KLC77

KLC77
          • 2,207 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:03 AM

Hey, my FI and our GM wore linen pants. I got them from Island Importer because they had a style that had a button and zipper rather than the drawstring. They looked great on both guys. Here's the link for the website...
            Click the image to open in full size.
            ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#6 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:00 AM

I also ordered our groomsmen clothes from Island Importer, the drawstring linen pants. I loved them, the guys loved them. They did get wrinkley, but that's kinda what I like about linen. It looks lived in. And we had a number of gm's ranging in size from (really) skinny yo XXL and they all looked great. They were really long, but that's nothing that a little hem won't fix.

#7 lauraandmatt

lauraandmatt
              • 127 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:42 AM

Not sure if you are considering silk pants, but Men's Wharehouse is having a buy one suit get one free sale on select suits. The sale goes untill the 25th. We bought a Joseph & Feiss Resort three button tan suit for $229 and got one free! If your FI is considering silk, Tommy Bahamma makes nice linen and silk pants. They can be expensive, but I have found the Tommy silk pants at Nordstrom rack in all sizes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users