Calling all November 2009 Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1805 replies to this topic

#381 jetsbride

• 794 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:07 PM

Ashley, sorry to hear of your aunts passing.

I'm with you Jess, six months does seem far away!

#382 erinleigh

• 316 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:10 PM

Ashley, my sincere condolonces to you and your family.

Six months - ahh I feel like I have so much left to do - but I'm so excited I can't wait!

#383 jmb0902

• 496 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by Prettyhazardous
        Megan I agree I remember when he proposed (1.1.09) we had 11 months and that felt like forever. It also feels like that was just yesterday lol. Ladies these next 6 months are gonna fly by.

Erin I will try to take pics tonight. My great great aunt passed away on Sunday (she would have been 99 in June) so I've been with family all week. Her viewing is tonite and funeral tomm morning so I may not get around to it til tomm evening I apologize.
        Ashley-- I am so sorry for your loss!!

#384 Prettyhazardous

• 712 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 09:45 AM

Hey Ladies
          Thanks for all of your condolences. My aunt live a great life. We have huge family so its been good seeing everyone. My aunt was the last member left of the 1st generation. There were six generations alive in the family. Now there are 5. Ok lemme go I'm on my way to the funeral.

#385 jamaicabride09

• 856 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:20 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

#386 whitni

• 72 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:09 AM

Another November 2009 bride!

We're getting married in Longboat Key, Florida at the Hilton.

I'm still debating on sending out invites, which I know I need to do very soon if I am going to do them. But for the most part everybody that is attending will be family. Our closest friends won't be able to attend for various reasons.

Completed list:
              bridesmaid's dresses purchased
              about 1/2 way done with OOT bags
              hotel and plane tickets taken care of
              venue booked
              flower girls dresses picked
              steel drum band booked

ugh after writing out what I've actually got done it doesn't seem like I've done much!

#387 niki2rude

• 12 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:31 AM

Talk about how time flies!! We got engaged sept 2008 and i cant believe we're down to the last 6 months!! crazy! anyways.....so far i have....

bought my dress
                ordered BM dresses
                designed and ordered BM's jewelry
                picked the resort
                sent invitations
                bought my jewelry

i still have a few more things to take care of, but i think we're doin pretty good time wise :)
                ~~Getting hitched November 5th, 2009~~
                Barcelo Maya Colonial Beach Resort
                Mayan Riviera, Mexico

#388 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:47 AM

Welcome new ladies :)

#389 LaBre

• 26 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:24 PM

Wowsers!!! After reading all of these messages, I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry!!

I'm a November bride as well, and it appears I've been doing things a bit backwards!

-We got our invites out (DIY - what a hoot! Perhaps I'll post a pic on another thread) a couple of weeks ago. We sent out about 140 (Jewish FI with a 2 moms!) but are only expecting about 30-40 guests.

-Our website has been up and running for about 2 months Welcome To LaBre Life CommUniOne CeLaBretion Wedding Website!

-We have a GREAT TA (Lindsay, from this site), but no one is booked yet except for my parents and sister/brother-in-law. Our wedding isn't even confirmed, as we don't have 10 rooms booked yet! I'm not too worried however, as we're getting married on a Monday, which, for some weird reason, isn't the most popular day of the week for a wedding! (lol)

-I have the photographers narrowed down to 3...... Paulina Ulloa, Elizabeth Lloyd, or Alfonso Lepe. Thoughts? I still haven't heard feedback from anyone who has worked with Alfonso. I hope to have my decision made in the next couple of days. I've also heard that the Riu doesn't like outside photographers, and it may be necessary that they come as a guest?

-I'm going to start looking at dresses later this week, which I think was one of my biggest concern after reading this thread. A lot of you ladies sure are on the ball!!!

-The other big concern was the bridal party. I still haven't asked anyone other than my sister (who accepted). I am getting 2 new sisters out of this marriage deal - neither of whom I'm close to (FI's family lives on the other side of the country) As well....I have 3 very good friends I would love to have. Is that crazy to have such a large wedding party for a small wedding? They are all shaped extremely differently too. From very short and heavy, to very tall, to tiny. Any ideas for dresses with such a challenge?

-No idea about oot bags yet, as it is entirely unclear as to who will be joining us, but I've started gathering ideas.

Up to this point, that's all I have!

Guess I had better get moving!!

Thanks for all the insights and ideas ladies!! I love it!

ps - Ashley, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, but am glad to hear of what a long, full, and great life she had. Surely an inspiration!
                    23 Nov 09

#390 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:48 PM

Welcome LaBre - looks like we will be in Puerto Vallarta around the same time! I arrive the 24th. For BM dresses have you looked at Jcrew? You can pick a few in the same color and let them choose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users