Jump to content

Photo

Calling all November 2009 Brides!


  • Please log in to reply
1805 replies to this topic

#11 Jess

Jess
  • Sr. Member
  • 4,455 posts

    Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:54 PM

    Yay!

    It is about a 99% chance I am a Nov '09 bride - just waiting for the contract :)

    The plan (as of now) is this:

    Puerto Vallarta wedding with the Dazzling Details Wedding Coordinator (so excited - I love her work)....Wedding ceremony at Catholic Church in town and then reception at Dreams PV.

    colors are pale yellow, gray, and white

    Looking at STD's but just need to nail down the date (which we assume is 11/28/09) - then I need to get them out ASAP!

    Otherwise, it looks like I am wayyyy behind you girls in your planning - uh oh!

    #12 faithers81

    faithers81
    • Newbie
    • 93 posts

      Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:43 PM

      I also want to do Passport invites. I cannot find a template to save my life! I would rather make them then buy them. I made Boarding Pass STDs and those where not too bad.

      I also want to make:
      -welcome totes
      -fan programs
      - center pieces
      - I cannot remember the rest!

      The place I am getting married only accounts for 10 people. Every person over 10 is $18 each! I am expecting 50 people, ouch!

      #13 beachbride2009

      beachbride2009
      • Banned
      • 228 posts

        Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:50 PM

        Erika J...you are pretty organized! I just got an email from the resort today asking for more details but I find its hard to give definite answers without knowing the number of guests attending. Erika, where are you ordering your pashminas from? I was thinking of getting turquoise beach towels embroidered with our date and place etc for each of the guests. They'll take up a lot of luggage space, but if the guests use them then they could easily spot each other throughout the resort! I want to get on that stuff, but am hesitant in case I don't order enough!

        #14 beachbride2009

        beachbride2009
        • Banned
        • 228 posts

          Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:53 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jess
          Yay!

          It is about a 99% chance I am a Nov '09 bride - just waiting for the contract :)

          The plan (as of now) is this:

          Puerto Vallarta wedding with the Dazzling Details Wedding Coordinator (so excited - I love her work)....Wedding ceremony at Catholic Church in town and then reception at Dreams PV.

          colors are pale yellow, gray, and white

          Looking at STD's but just need to nail down the date (which we assume is 11/28/09) - then I need to get them out ASAP!

          Otherwise, it looks like I am wayyyy behind you girls in your planning - uh oh!
          Don't worry Jess, you'll catch up! I've been all over this forum getting ideas from other brides...there are so many good ones it's hard to choose! i wanted to have firedancers but that was ruled out as the resort we chose doesn't allow outside vendors. Bummer, but I have some other ideas..I'm going to try and convince my FI we should do a "Rock the Reception" first dance. How fun would that be!

          #15 beachbride2009

          beachbride2009
          • Banned
          • 228 posts

            Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:00 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by faithers81
            I also want to do Passport invites. I cannot find a template to save my life! I would rather make them then buy them. I made Boarding Pass STDs and those where not too bad.

            I also want to make:
            -welcome totes
            -fan programs
            - center pieces
            - I cannot remember the rest!

            The place I am getting married only accounts for 10 people. Every person over 10 is $18 each! I am expecting 50 people, ouch!
            Faithers, you should put your resort in your mini-profile...i have a terrible memory! I think if you go onto the thread about STD's and invitations there are a bunch of brides that have added their templates for passports...check it out!

            Those darn resorts sure know how to nickel and dime us. Even though ours is an all-inclusive, its still going to be anywhere from $50-80 per person if we do a private cocktail party/reception on the beach. Puts a serious dent in the budget!

            #16 faithers81

            faithers81
            • Newbie
            • 93 posts

              Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:01 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by beachbride2009
              I was thinking of getting turquoise beach towels embroidered with our date and place etc for each of the guests. They'll take up a lot of luggage space, but if the guests use them then they could easily spot each other throughout the resort!
              That is a great idea! Have you seen any places online to order these? I am having a lot of people that do not really know each other yet, so it would be nice to be able to locate each other. I love it!

              #17 Erika J

              Erika J

                VIP Member

              • VIP Member
              • 8,569 posts

                Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:07 PM

                My mom's friend is a flight attendant and she flies to china everyother month and buys them there. Sorry I do not have better info. I buy a very soft one at wal-mart for 5 bucks that i have been wearing all winter. Sorry I dont have a better recommendation.

                #18 Jess

                Jess
                • Sr. Member
                • 4,455 posts

                  Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:10 PM

                  Yeah rock the reception seems like so much fun!

                  #19 beachbride2009

                  beachbride2009
                  • Banned
                  • 228 posts

                    Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:26 PM

                    For the beach towels, I was directed to this website where you can buy them in bulk and they'll also embroider for you:
                    Untitled Document

                    #20 Erika J

                    Erika J

                      VIP Member

                    • VIP Member
                    • 8,569 posts

                      Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:33 PM

                      Oh, that sounds so nice for the beach towels. your guests will love it.

                      Our resort provides towels so we are not doing that. But I think it would be a wonderful gift for your guests.

                      I can not believe that your resort wants to know how many. I feel like I sould have 30 , i could have 60, with this economy who knows

                      How did you respond to them?




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users