Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
beachbride2009

Calling all November 2009 Brides!

Recommended Posts

Forgive me if I am being repetitive…I am catching up on the board…

 

Congrats to all Nov 2009 brides!

 

I am getting married in Negril Jamaica November 20, 2009 at Moon Dance Cliffs…

 

I am so far behind, especially when I read all of your posts…

 

I have

1.Set a date

2.Reserved the place

 

Yikes!

We aren’t having a bridal party-so no BM of GM. I know what I am wearing but will need to make some adjustments). But I need to get something for the reception. I haven’t done STD, a website, picked a photographer, florist, etc… I was just happy to get a date set and a place picked!

 

Beachbride-we are date twins!

Koolata-where are you getting married?

Jamaicabride09-are you getting all of your vendors through the resort?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastistyle View Post
Forgive me if I am being repetitive…I am catching up on the board…

Congrats to all Nov 2009 brides!

I am getting married in Negril Jamaica November 20, 2009 at Moon Dance Cliffs…

I am so far behind, especially when I read all of your posts…

I have
1.Set a date
2.Reserved the place

Yikes!
We arenâ€t having a bridal party-so no BM of GM. I know what I am wearing but will need to make some adjustments). But I need to get something for the reception. I havenâ€t done STD, a website, picked a photographer, florist, etc… I was just happy to get a date set and a place picked!

Beachbride-we are date twins!
Koolata-where are you getting married?
Jamaicabride09-are you getting all of your vendors through the resort?
Yes, we are getting our DJ and Photographer through the resort. Sandals does not allow outside vendors. Howver, I ordered my flowers from Angels Accents and I am bringing them down.

Don't worry...it will all come together. We have been enagaged for a year so I have had extra time to work on things.

Happy Planning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierfan View Post
Hi ladies,

I'm getting similiar grief for having ours the week before Thanksgiving (especially for those who travel for Tgiving). But what can you do? I tell guests we are trying to avoid Hurricane Season AND November is considered a timeframe with better hotel/airfare rates to Mexico!

I have a wedding Memorial Day AND Labor Day weekend this year and I've yet to complain. Maybe I will start! :)
WOW I can't believe even you are hearing about it! I guess it's true, you can't make everyone happy. And it's very true, ppl choose times around holidays often. Maybe I should switch min to Christmas and see how they like it... haha :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey ladies.... I'm wondering if you have started to plan out your wedding day timeline? I have a time line in mind but I'm starting to have second thoughts about it. Keeping in mind that the sun sets at about 5:45pm what does your timeline look like?

huh.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb0902 View Post
Sounds like a plan to me! Everyone is just now getting over that we want a wedding in Mexico - now I throw a holiday wedding on them! Oh well! :) Do you have a bunch of ppl confirmed already? I'm just in the beginning stages (I just got my confirmation the other day)... I feel so behind!
yes more than expected! 30 people have booked their flight and hotel already...we were expecting about 75 total but I have a feeling it may be more like 100 people....I hope not any more than that!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

saltocoach - I'm having an issue right now with my times because we are getting married in a Catholic Church and the only time they have available is 1:30PM! eekk so we don't know what to do - we want the reception at night so I guess we will just have to have a break in between...fi doesn't think it is a big deal but I just wish they had a 4pm available to make my life easier!

 

I think for beach in Cabo I would do about 5:00? I guess it depends how long you want your ceremony to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
yes more than expected! 30 people have booked their flight and hotel already...we were expecting about 75 total but I have a feeling it may be more like 100 people....I hope not any more than that!!
WOW Jess! When did you send out your invites? Or was it just STD's??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltocoach View Post
Hey ladies.... I'm wondering if you have started to plan out your wedding day timeline? I have a time line in mind but I'm starting to have second thoughts about it. Keeping in mind that the sun sets at about 5:45pm what does your timeline look like?
huh.gif
I have my ceremony planned to start at 4:00pm in Cabo, with Cocktail hour from 4:30-5:30 and we will be taking photos at this time with our photgrapher. He suggested starting the ceremony aty 4 or 4:30 for the best photographs.

I also found this thread helpful:
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t33544

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika J View Post
I have my ceremony planned to start at 4:00pm in Cabo, with Cocktail hour from 4:30-5:30 and we will be taking photos at this time with our photgrapher. He suggested starting the ceremony aty 4 or 4:30 for the best photographs.

I also found this thread helpful:
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t33544
I'm on the other side of Mexico, but we're doing a 4pm ceremony (sunset is at 5:08pm - thank goodness for the internet!). I guess it also depends on how you want to do photos. I'm planning to do bride/bridesmaid and groom/groomsman photos before the ceremony and save all the "big group" photos until afterward (which gives us about an hour or so, but I'm not doing a ton of "family" photos). Our cocktail hour will be from 4:45 to 6 with dinner at 6pm, reception til 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×