Sign in to follow this  
beachbride2009

Calling all November 2009 Brides!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Well I found these STD's I liked on Wedding Invitations, Bridal Shower Invitations & Announcements by Wedding Paper Divas but they were $1.30 each which seemed like a rip off to me for a little dinky piece of paper...so I took the background and put it on Microsoft Publisher, added my own words, and uploaded onto www.vistaprint.com - great decision! They were 20 cents each and they looked really nice - I put them on the linen paper which made them look even better.

What did you end up doing for yours?
Thanks Jess.
I love you wallet friendly STD's. They were such a good idea.

I did these:
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t36564

Hoosierfan- I had never thought about sending the invites at a more positive economy time, but that is a great idea.

I have to think about when I am going to send mine out. I need to look at my room block contract and see when the payment dates are and correspond with that, or correspond the RVP date with the payment dates. I have to give it more thought but I was intially thinking of sending them 4 or 5 months out. RSVP 6 weeks out? I am just not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierfan View Post
When are you guys planning on sending out invitations? 6 months seems so early to me, but is that the guideline you're following?

I'm hoping the economy will show signs of hope right around the time we all send out invitations!
I'm sending them out about 3 months before so I guess beginning of August. Since we did STDs, I think that's good. I feel like 6 months will be too early.

What's everyone else doing?

Hoosierfan, yes, I agree with you...for the sake of the new inlaws I'll definitely try and work it out with her. I don't have to like her, but I can pretend when necessary! wink.gif

I sent out our STD's 11 months prior and will probably send out passport-style invites in June or so...but just for the people who have indicated YES or MAYBE.

Wow, I feel so behind!!

I'm getting married Novemeber 25th. We haven't decided on a resort yet my TA is getting prices from a bunch of different places, but she said a lot of places don't even have their prices up for novemeber.

I looked a dresses today, I think I found the one! Which is exciting.

Starting to get ideas for a bunch of fun little crafty projects!!!

We haven't even started our STD's!!! Ahh!! I need to get on it!!! We I guess my TA needs to figure out prices for me so I can start everything else :)

HI everyone I am also a November Bride. November 13th to be exact. At Dreams PA

SO far I have done:

bought my dress (however I am now in love with a different one. lol)

picked BM and GM

Deposit on wedding

STD (DIY boarding passes which were a pain)

looking for BM dresses (but really undecided on color and style)

I feel really behind. lol

Need to :

to a lot of stuff

I am so excited though can't wait. smile29.gif

Same here. I was able to get prices last fall. Maybe check in with your TA and see if she's made progress. I was shocked in December when I started calling places and they were already booked for Oct 09, which is what I originally wanted. I'm sure there are still lots of options but don't want too long.

Any idea where you wanted to have your wedding at yet?

Thanks so much for your idea of Beautiful Brides store in Calgary saltocoach & Tracy_S, I am actually going to banff this weekend so I am going to go to Beautiful Bride on Monday, I am super excited now!!! Who was the designer for the dresses you ladies picked out?

Beachbride, what store in Calgary did you find a Nicole Miller dress, I have been in love with her dresses for so long now!!! You can't find them here in Edmonton anywhere. What is the style number of your dress? I really need to get my dress by the end of this month!! I am a little stressed about finding the "right" one!

As far as my as my STD's I have alreay sent them out in mid-January, I think i will send my actual invitations out in July, the only thing is if I haven't made all the arrangements with the hotel for cocktail hours and reception time, how do you put the information on the invitation? Should I just call the resort ahead of time instead of waiting till 2 or 3 months before for them to contact me?

All you ladies are so helpful...thanks a bunch!

My dress designer was actually an american designer Pattis. I bought the one off the rack there to so I don't know if it is there for purchase or if they have ordered another one in to replace the one I bought! But I absolutley love it! Go see the girl named Kalli! She saved my wedding dress for me and was so sweet!!! Excellent salesperson!!!