Calling all November 2009 Brides!

Hey Vikki I don't know if u got my response bc my comp is acting silly, but thank you so much for the clover. I will be checking with the shelter today. I'm also gonna talk to fi about possibly fostering pets until the wedding, and even after. I know the shelter needs foster parents. There is a pit bull family (mom and 3 very new puppies) that I see everytime I go there and I know they'd do so much better outside the shelter. The ppl at the shelter keep trying to get us to adopt bc there are like 90 pit bulls there and since we have experience with them they want us to adopt. But we are still holding out and praying that we'll get Cuji back. We don't want to permanently bring a new pet home bc when Cuji gets back we've never seen her in the home with another dog and I know there'd be territory issues.... But I really want to help out that family so we'll see. OMG I just got the call they found her I'm on my way out to get her now!!!

Mellisa I feel your pain. I think it'd be good to see if that friend could help plan the party or something or help out in some other aspect, that way you could still have a memory of her even if she's not at the actual party. One of my dearest friends that couldn't attend the wedding actually did the handwriting on my favors. that was away that we could incorporate her into the wedding.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also freaking out about the 1+ month to go. I still have to take care of all my programs, menus, OOT bags, etc. I have it all pretty much planned out, but just doing the execution will still take some time. Not to mention I'm going to have to put in extra hours at the office to prepare for the 2 weeks I'll be out. Oh and write my vows...I still don't know what I'm going to say! I guess I'll figure it out as I go. :)

Melissa - I too had a couple people that I really wanted at my bach party, but it didn't work out with some girls' schedules. We still had a blast and I'm sure you will too! It's hard b/c we're all so caught up in our wedding plans that sometimes I forget that everyone else has a life going on too.

OMG Ladies sorry I was in the midst of writing one post when i received the phone call that Cuji was at the shelter. She was "seized by the police in a standby operation"? Whatever that means. But get this she was in a home like 7 blocks from our house. OMG she lost 20 lbs in 1 week and 1 day. She was at least 75 lbs when she was taken and she is now 55. They must not have fed her the entire time. She has one scar on her head but that's it. She is not acting like herself at all though. She's depressed. She isn't very playful she laid down the entire ride home vs how she normally has her head out the window. She wouldn't play with me in the house and her and Brian usually play really rough as soon as he gets in from work. Today when he came home she didn't even lift her head. We gave her a bath in the yard and she played with the water like she normally does but as soon as we went in the house she was depressed again. She also got all her shots (which she didn't even need) at the shelter so we're expecting her to be back to herself by the weekend. We scheduled an appt with her reg vet for tomm tho just in case. Vikki your clover and everyone prayer and thoughts really helped. Thanks ladies!!!!

OMG!!! WOOT Cuji!!!!

I am sure you will nurse her back to her perfect self in no time!!

I am so annoyed with our best man. He has not booked his trip and I am not sure if he will at all now that he impregnated his 22 annoying girlfriend on accident. E knew all along that he is kind of a mess and may or may not make it. But at this point I just want to start making table arrangements and programs and I dont know if I should include him or not!! Ok sorry for the rant. life will go on, but I really want to get this stuff done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettyhazardous View Post
OMG Ladies sorry I was in the midst of writing one post when i received the phone call that Cuji was at the shelter. She was "seized by the police in a standby operation"? Whatever that means. But get this she was in a home like 7 blocks from our house. OMG she lost 20 lbs in 1 week and 1 day. She was at least 75 lbs when she was taken and she is now 55. They must not have fed her the entire time. She has one scar on her head but that's it. She is not acting like herself at all though. She's depressed. She isn't very playful she laid down the entire ride home vs how she normally has her head out the window. She wouldn't play with me in the house and her and Brian usually play really rough as soon as he gets in from work. Today when he came home she didn't even lift her head. We gave her a bath in the yard and she played with the water like she normally does but as soon as we went in the house she was depressed again. She also got all her shots (which she didn't even need) at the shelter so we're expecting her to be back to herself by the weekend. We scheduled an appt with her reg vet for tomm tho just in case. Vikki your clover and everyone prayer and thoughts really helped. Thanks ladies!!!!
I got up this morning to get ready to head for the gym and saw your posts-I got tears in my eyes! I'm so glad you found her, what a miracle. I was so sad yesterday after you told me about your morning routine and how you were trying to get used to her not being there when you woke up.

I hope everything goes well with the appt, I'm sure she's just incredibly stressed out, I'm pretty sure I'd mope around for a while after being kidnapped for a week with very little to eat too. Now that she's home where she belongs she'll be back to her normal self soon enough.

Oh, and my cake topper shipped to the store yesterday and I picked it up last night. It's seriously the cutest thing I've gotten for the wedding yet.