Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kris

So sad :(

Recommended Posts

I now have 3 travel agents looking for me so I have my fingers crossed :) I think Im just going to have to suck it up and wait until march. Hopefully I wont have any trouble booking my group and getting the dates I want. Once its booked I can actually start getting excited...yay!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should ask your agent about their travel insurance!!

They usually have a deal where you pay an extra 150 bucks or so...and you get insurance..so if the price drops from when a person books...until their final payment is due...they get to save the difference and TRUST ME..we booked and DIDNT get the travel insurance and ended up saving 1500$ because the prices dropped so much (we would of saved 2800 if we got the insurance)

something to check into..

hope this helps!

good luck!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my! I am from Calgary along with the majority of my guests and I am still waiting for a price quote for Dreams AI for a week but we were thinking no more than $2000.00 per person. I checked out itravel2000 the other day and the October 09 rates were up at $1600.00?! I think its a good idea to check another TA... yikes! Good luck with everything!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When my FI and I were looking at possible locations for our DW we worked with 2 TA's.... When one would come back with a price we would get the other TA to compare!! In the end we got a pretty great price for our group... We booked with Air Canada, and would you believe that it was cheaper than booking with some of the others who are generally known to be cheaper!!! It's really worth looking around and speaking with more than 1 TA...

 

Pat & Nancy's Wedding - wedding website by mywedding.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel for ya!! FI and I went through the same thing when we were booking. FI is from Barbados and we wanted to go there to get married. We were given 2008 prices that were $2300pp which we though was pricey but worth it cause that's where he was born. Then when we went to book for 2009 we were told the best price was $2950pp which we thought was outrageous! We were VERY disappointed cause we had our hearts set on Barbados and had even chosen our resort. It felt like it was "our" resort. When we had to switch we even considered not having a DW cause it just wasn't going to be the same but now that we're booked we're just as excited for Riu MoBay as we were for our resort in Barbados. We don't even really think about it anymore and we plan on visiting Barbados for our 1yr anniversary!

 

Keep your spirits up and who knows, maybe there will be a sale in the near future! That's what happened to us and we booked right away...and btw, the increased price for weddings which happens to all of us who need to book way ahead of time, did not deter anyone who wanted to come from coming. If someone really wants to come, they do what they can to make it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading through this post is such a relief! I'm going through exactly the same thing trying to book for April 2010.

 

My travel agent says prices won't be confirmed until end of March. I guess if the prices that come back are acceptable, I'll just have to make the STD's really fast!! I had my heart set on giving 1 year notice, and I'll still come in close to that timeframe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i would recommend waiting a few months, as generally in the winter season and into spring the prices atend to be inflated. for now reserve wht may potentially sell out and keep in contact with your TA for price drops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're going through the same thing. Our wedding isn't until Feb 2010 so we're sending out our STDs next month and hopefully we'll have better pricing in April/May and can send out the invitations then so that people can start booking. I'm the same in that it's driving me crazy but I've been waiting since November and the time is flying by. I've been trying to focus on things that aren't depending on the resort - like dresses! :) Like someone said though, they are just picking high prices right now because the 2010 pricing isn't officially out yet. So you're better off waiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris View Post
I now have 3 travel agents looking for me so I have my fingers crossed :) I think Im just going to have to suck it up and wait until march. Hopefully I wont have any trouble booking my group and getting the dates I want. Once its booked I can actually start getting excited...yay!
what you can do is request your wedding date now. You have a three month grace period to get your 10 people's deposit down and give them a confirmation number (to fully secure it, its held for a three month period). Try that and hopefully the prices will go down for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×