Jump to content

Photo

Is anyone getting married in Europe?


  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 GracieBebe

GracieBebe
  • Jr. Member
  • 354 posts

    Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:03 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fitnessfi
    WOW WOW WOW............. can't think of anything else to say about your venue! Im so jealous now! That is so stunning, its breath taking!!!!!

    I love your website too, Im going to steal your idea for page on learning french, brilliant idea!

    Ok back to what I was going to say, (still stunned by that chateau!)

    Yes most of our wedding party are going to stay with us in the chateau but we have overflow accommodation nearby. Our guest numbers are about 40 so have provided a different range of accommodation for them to fit in with everyones budget. We are not paying for everyone as we can't afford it and most of our guests will only be travelling from the UK and therefore can get cheap flights.

    Oh and I noticed that you are getting married a day before my birthday! You must be soooo excited by now, not long to go.

    What are you giving for favors? Are you having a traditonal French wedding cake?

    This is a great thread, so glad I have found some French brides!

    Fi x
    Oh Thank you!!! You are so sweet!!! I totally understand what you mean about budget cuz all FH can talk about now is how much this wedding is costing us and what we could've done with the money instead. LOL! Because we're taking care of everyone's accommodations, we are letting them know that that is their wedding favor from us.

    We are having a traditional french wedding cake. I think it's called a croquem bouche? Since we're avid chocolate lovers, our WC said she can have it be chocolate. We've never tried one before, so we hope we like it. We are also having an very low key AHR where I'm trying to convince FH that we should have a traditional wedding cake. We'll see if I can talk him into it. Will you be doing a traditional cake or a French wedding cake?

    Have you done your STD's yet? Have you gone dress shopping yet? You must be so excited to get started!!!

    And I totally agree, I'm so glad we're finding more French brides! We should totally ask to have a Europe sub-forum...I see that there's every Caribbean location and Hawaii, and Cruise brides, but no Europe! What's up with that??
    - Grace
    Location - Chateau de Challain, Challain la Potherie, France
    Engagement Date - Sept. 6, 2008
    Wedding Date - Sept. 9, 2009
    Our Pro wedding photo website:http://fanelliweddin....l&startIndex=0Our wedding planning website:http://www.mywedding...graceandmichael

    #22 nathanielthompsonphoto

    nathanielthompsonphoto
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,213 posts

      Posted 26 February 2009 - 03:49 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by GracieBebe
      And I totally agree, I'm so glad we're finding more French brides! We should totally ask to have a Europe sub-forum...I see that there's every Caribbean location and Hawaii, and Cruise brides, but no Europe! What's up with that??
      That would be sweet to have a Europe sub-forum! Much needed!

      Love that castle - and the chateau too! Congrats to you all!

      #23 Positanobride10

      Positanobride10
      • Jr. Member
      • 205 posts

        Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:42 PM

        I am all about adding a Europe sub-forum.

        I am really glad I began this thread. I am really glad I have gotten to chat with and/or see responses from people who are getting married in Europe. I have gotten great advise as getting married in Europe is different from Mexico, Hawaii, and the other tropical destinations. I am hoping to see more Italy brides in the future since I am chose Italy. One can hope, right?

        I did find great Europe wedding advise on trip advisor. I think I found my coordinator, just need my FH to say ok as we are both paying for this wedding. I also found great hotels, restaurants, things to do, etc. Best of luck to all!

        #24 ehegwer

        ehegwer
        • Newbie
        • 139 posts

          Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:29 PM

          +1 for a Europe board!

          I've only photographed one wedding in Italy, Near Orvietto, at the Agriturismo La Roca. It's a bed and breakfast, with a beautiful winery and restaurant attached. Really a mini resort.

          If you aren't looking for a traditional chruch ceremony (I don't know if you are), you may want to have a good friend take the internet classes to be ordained, and then they can marry you.

          Good luck with your planning

          #25 GracieBebe

          GracieBebe
          • Jr. Member
          • 354 posts

            Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:51 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Positanobride10
            I am all about adding a Europe sub-forum.

            I am really glad I began this thread. I am really glad I have gotten to chat with and/or see responses from people who are getting married in Europe. I have gotten great advise as getting married in Europe is different from Mexico, Hawaii, and the other tropical destinations. I am hoping to see more Italy brides in the future since I am chose Italy. One can hope, right?

            I did find great Europe wedding advise on trip advisor. I think I found my coordinator, just need my FH to say ok as we are both paying for this wedding. I also found great hotels, restaurants, things to do, etc. Best of luck to all!
            That's so great that you found a WC!!! Who'd you end up going with? At least that's one less thing to stress about!
            - Grace
            Location - Chateau de Challain, Challain la Potherie, France
            Engagement Date - Sept. 6, 2008
            Wedding Date - Sept. 9, 2009
            Our Pro wedding photo website:http://fanelliweddin....l&startIndex=0Our wedding planning website:http://www.mywedding...graceandmichael

            #26 fitnessfi

            fitnessfi
            • Newbie
            • 34 posts

              Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:28 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by GracieBebe
              That's so great that you found a WC!!! Who'd you end up going with? At least that's one less thing to stress about!
              Hi GracieBebe

              Just wanted to ask who you have got as your photographer? Have you found someone yourself or did your WC reccommend someone to you?

              Thanks
              Fi

              #27 Positanobride10

              Positanobride10
              • Jr. Member
              • 205 posts

                Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:15 AM

                well we haven't signed a contract or anything yet. I also need to get my FH on board with this. He is a little reluctant but we'll probably end up going with La Calla. I liked three and we'll still consider them until we check references. But I feel better that now we have to choose someone and we know what we want.

                The good news about all this we have time.

                #28 GracieBebe

                GracieBebe
                • Jr. Member
                • 354 posts

                  Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:02 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by fitnessfi
                  Hi GracieBebe

                  Just wanted to ask who you have got as your photographer? Have you found someone yourself or did your WC reccommend someone to you?

                  Thanks
                  Fi
                  Our WC suggested a photographer she has worked with on other weddings who is from Australia but will be in France during the time of our wedding. His name is Daniel Griffiths and his website is Sydney Wedding Photographer - Daniel Griffiths Photography and the photos he has on there look amazing!!! He was one of 2 photojournalists chosen to shoot they Sydney Olympics! I thought that was pretty cool. He is a bit pricey though.

                  Our WC also has 2 other photographers she uses also that I believe are local to France. I can ask her what their names are if you are interested. Let me know. :-)
                  - Grace
                  Location - Chateau de Challain, Challain la Potherie, France
                  Engagement Date - Sept. 6, 2008
                  Wedding Date - Sept. 9, 2009
                  Our Pro wedding photo website:http://fanelliweddin....l&startIndex=0Our wedding planning website:http://www.mywedding...graceandmichael

                  #29 fitnessfi

                  fitnessfi
                  • Newbie
                  • 34 posts

                    Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:03 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by GracieBebe
                    Our WC suggested a photographer she has worked with on other weddings who is from Australia but will be in France during the time of our wedding. His name is Daniel Griffiths and his website is Sydney Wedding Photographer - Daniel Griffiths Photography and the photos he has on there look amazing!!! He was one of 2 photojournalists chosen to shoot they Sydney Olympics! I thought that was pretty cool. He is a bit pricey though.

                    Our WC also has 2 other photographers she uses also that I believe are local to France. I can ask her what their names are if you are interested. Let me know. :-)
                    That would be great! If they have a website, even better. Also it would help if they spoke english as my french is aweful!

                    Thanks for the help.
                    F x

                    #30 bellalucefoto

                    bellalucefoto
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 221 posts

                      Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:36 AM

                      It is so fun to hear about your European weddings! How exciting and romantic! Have fun planning and feel free to ask if you have photography questions! There are lots of us on the forum who are happy to help.

                      Best wishes,
                      Katie




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users