Photo

DVD wedding Invites?!?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
  • 369 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 03:49 PM

A good friend of mines made her own DVD wedding invites.. I thought the idea was very creative. I'm thinking of doing the same, but a little different as far as whats on the DVD. Has anyone heard of this idea? What do you think?

I think it would be neat to put like a slidshow on the DVD, then have the wedding invite in powerpoint. We could also make a custom DVD label.

#2 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
    • 1,083 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 07:18 PM

It's a very cute idea!!!
      I would just check to make sure that everyone has a dvd player or computer that plays them. Some people especially those in older generations aren't totally caught up with modern technology.

#3 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
      • 369 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:09 PM

Yeah, I was going to handle that by sending paper invites to some guests...
        I'm sort of surprised that no one talk about doing DVD invites.. I wonder if there is a reason for this?

#4 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
        • Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:25 PM

sorry because i have no memory of who it was, but someone on here did a video STD, and actually i think they hosted it on YouTube. sending a card to each guest with the youtube address would probably be a much less expensive way to get the same point across :)

either way, i think its a fun and creative way to make your wedding invites stand out from the crowd.

#5 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
        • 369 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 07:36 PM

Sending out cards with links to you tube is a GREAT IDEA!

I just don't know what to send the cards in... Also everyone would have to have computers.. Maybe I can email some invites? Is that tacky?

#6 calchik

calchik
          • 166 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:01 PM

i did my wedding invites in powerpoint then burned to CD
            http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t31686

#7 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 4,513 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:12 PM

This is a cute idea - and I like how you still are going to send out regular invites to people who don't have computers like grandparents. I think you should try it!

#8 Kits55

Kits55
              • 607 posts
              • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
              • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 21 January 2009 - 07:20 PM

I say go for it! For the people you are sending the You Tube link to you could order the free post cards from Vistaprint, slap on a cool picture, and mail them out with the link. That way you don't have to worry about getting envelopes too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users