Photo

When did you start trying on dresses?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
  • 369 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:53 PM

How far from your wedding did you start trying on gowns? How much cushion should I give myself, if I plan to try on gowns in store and then order them online. If I start loooking 12 months before is that enough time?

#2 lscilley

lscilley
    • 1,466 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:58 PM

I started in July 08 for a Nov 09 wedding lots of time I was just excited. I think 12 months is lots of time.

#3 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
      • 369 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 03:02 PM

Do you think bridal shops will mind...since my wedding is so far away?
        I'm definately not looking to buy right now, I just have a couple of particular gown that I want to try on. anyone?

#4 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
        • 2,754 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 03:20 PM

I don't think they'll mind. Just be honest up front and let them know that you don't plan on buying yet. I started trying on gowns after I got engaged in July 2008 but my wedding isn't until January 2010. Like lscilly I was just excited and it's fun. 12 months is plenty of time!

#5 Ayita

Ayita
          • 861 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 05:30 PM

It's great that you have so much time ! I started beginning of November for a wedding beginning of May... only 6 months... but I had only 7 months to plan the whole thing so I guess it was early in my planning !

#6 sarafish81

sarafish81
            • 353 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:28 PM

I started looking in August and our wedding is in April 09. I was told that my dress was coming from China which could take up to 5 months, but only ended up taking about 3 months to get here.

#7 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
              • 1,083 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:41 PM

I don't think the bridal shops will mind at all!!

I started looking in August 08 and we are getting married in August 09. Honestly, it was almost not enough time for me. I found my dress at the end of December 08 and it was just before the cut off when I would have had to pay more to have it rushed so I can have alterations done on time.

Go look and have fun!

#8 Sloan

Sloan
                • 1,279 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 08:33 PM

I started and ended in August '08 for my April '09 wedding. I would think bridal places arent going to mind - it's business for them!

#9 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
                  • 369 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 08:37 PM

Good.. I think Im going to start trying on dresses around 14 months prior. I have the dress in mind, but I want to try it on. I can't wait!!!

#10 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
                    • 1,097 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:08 PM

started looking in october for a march wedding. give yourself at least 6 months. good luck with everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users