Flower Questions Need your help!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 soon2bePowers

• 382 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:16 PM

Okay I am losing track of time and only have 5 months till the big day and I haven't thought about flowers yet. I have some included in my package but I think I would to do artificial, maybe?

1. For those of you who got your flowers through your resort, did you bring pictures for inspiration? Were you happy with what you got?

2. For those of you who brought down artificial flowers, where did you get them? Anywhere in the Midwest?

3. Hair flowers, any retail stores sell the real touch? Are they easy to make? If so does anyone have instructions? If not, where are good places to buy them?

Last one, I think

I am think of doing my bouquet, and bouquets for my 3 bridesmaids but not doing flowers for the groomsmen.

Did anyone else not do flowers for the groomsmen, if so was that okay?

Thanks so much!!

#2 Anna83

• 288 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:51 PM

I made my own flowers using flowers from Michael's, Hobby Lobby and JoAnn's. I'm glad I decided to do this. In the pictures they look real and that way I got exactly what I wanted.

Here is a picture of my bouquet.
      Click the image to open in full size.

and a link to my flowers thread:http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t30667

#3 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,569 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:46 PM

I was also thinking of no flowers for the Groom and GM. My FI is half hawaiin so we were thinking of doing lea's on the men.

***He thinks it is strange to have lea's in mexico, I think it is perfectly fine. It is his heritage after all!!

#4 foxytv

• VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:51 PM

We did not do flowers for the men at all.

I had the natural touch flowers which I ordered through [a company]- but I don't think they would be able to fit you in b/c they take orders about a year out now it seems. However, there are numerous other online companies that you can order the natural touch flowers from - or check out stores like Hobby Lobby, Michaels, etc to see if they have flowers you like.

We transported our flowers in s separate suitcase that we checked and had no problems.

#5 Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 4,513 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:01 PM

I made my own flowers before I went too! Just went to Hobby Lobby and purchased them 50% off and got some ribbon and green tape and they turned out awesome! I am really not too crafty but I didn't want to spend tons of money on flowers either. It actually wasn't too difficult either. I made my bridesmaid bouquets and DH's boutennierre. We didn't do flowers for the GM's though and it worked out great! Here is a pic:

And Boutennierre

#6 Sapphire723

• 888 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:13 AM

Are the ones from Hobby Lobby Real Touch?

#7 Sapphire723

• 888 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:25 AM

Are the ones from Hobby Lobby Real Touch?

#8 deefalvey

• 521 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:19 AM

Betsy - your flowers look great in the picture! Are they really artificial?

How did you guys transport your artificial flowers down to Mex without them getting all squashed?
                  Bill and DeannaJuly 24, 2009

#9 Jacilynda

• 2,777 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:54 AM

Here are more of Betsy's, I think they are just silk flowers.

Most of the girls transporting there flowers, including us, put them in hard sided luggage so they don't get squished.

I don't know what your budget is, or if you have the time to make them yourselves. We have plenty of time so I was going to make ours thinking it would be cheaper, but it ended up being about the same price of ordering artificial, so I decided to save the time and pay to have them done w/ really nice real touch flowers. I'm ordering mine from Shavon fresh real natural touch artificial silk wedding bouquet flowers She has great prices! I'm ordering my bouquet, 4 BM, pomander for FG, 9 bouts (1 special for FI), 2 corsages, cake flowers, 7 centerpieces w/ glass vases. We're spending $698 which includes the shipping. So, if you were to have my flowers (for example) shavon would charge around $200.

Are you going to have a bout for your groom? I think GM's w/out would be ok, but the groom needs a little something special.

Some local flower shops do artificial, we have a few in our town, but they have been more expensive than ordering from AA, Sharon, Shavon, and so many others on the forum.

I know michaels carries some real touch, but a limited number of flowers. You can always check etsy.com there are lots of hair flowers on there, and alot of the designers will do a custom one for you.

#10 boscobel

• VIP Member
                    • 24,213 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:55 AM

I just used what the resort offered (pink roses) for my bouquet. I think they provided a bout for my husband as well, but I honestly can't even remember! I didn't do flowers for the groomsmen or bridesmaids, but the bm's carried parasols.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users