I don't know where to go

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

• 124 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:58 PM

so after much debate I think I am going to stick with Destin. Unless, by chance I will find something else.

#12 whitni

• 72 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:01 PM

Longboat Key, Florida might be an option, we're getting married at the Hilton there.

A little late but heh maybe somebody else is looking for ideas. :)

#13 MSBRANDI

• 124 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 12:27 AM

I will look into that option. Thanks

#14 eloping789

• 290 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 11:26 AM

My FI loved Key West when he was there. He has some amazing photos on the beach. St. Petersburg (across the bridge from Tampa) has some gorgeous beaches too. I've stayed at the Sheraton Sand Key twice now for corporate events and can attest to the amazing event staff and quality of the food. A girl I work with got married there and absolutely loved her wedding. It was small, but beautiful and they had a big bonfire-style reception (catered by the hotel).

Good luck!

#15 whitechocolate

• 127 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:48 PM

I just got back from checking out places in southern Florida. I can give you info on these resorts, and tons of pics!

Key Largo Grande Resort and Beach Club
            Mariner's Club (also in Key Largo, might be changing its name)
            Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort (Marathon FL, technically Key Vaca I think)
            The Westin Key West
            Ocean Key Resort and Spa (Key West)
            Casa Marina (Key West)
            LaPlaya Beach and Golf Resort (Naples FL)
            South Seas Resort (Captiva Island, right by Sanibel Island)

#16 MSBRANDI

• 124 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:54 PM

thanks I would appreciate that.

#17 Fleur Jolie

Fleur Jolie
              • 47 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 02:45 PM

..any questions about Key West.. just ask.. I'm a local in Key West!

#18 keywest-it-is!

• 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:22 AM

I am researching Key West weddings and here is the information shared from Ocean Key Resort & Spa -
                  Ocean Key Resort & Spa is the only Four Star, Four Diamond resort on the island and truly is a quintessential Key West venue. Our location sets us apart from other wedding venues in town. We are located at Zero Duval Street in the heart of Old Town Key West. We sit right on the Gulf waters, with the best views of Sunset on the island. Our ceremony venue has all the feel of being present on a beach, though without the mess of the sand. You have beautiful blue, green waters and ocean breezes and an intimate space for your and your guests to enjoy this important element of the day. The reception is located on our Sunset Pier, a 200 ft finger pier that plunges out over the gulf. We do require that you rent a tent for your event (www.keywestpartyrentals.com ). Beyond our superior location for your event itself, our location also lends itself to continuing the party into the evening. We are a block away from the best bars on the island that stay open until 4am, so those guests that wish to continue the evening can easily walk to the next destination and not worry about transportation.

you can contact them at shapp@oceankey.com or 305.295.7043

#19 CrystalM

• 829 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:15 AM

i've been to Destin a few times and it's my back up if anything happens with St. Thomas. It's really very beautiful.
                    I have a fabulous photographer I can share in the United States Virgin Islands in late April/early MayP.M. if interested!http://img.weddingco....pvbh7hxc5u.png

#20 landwlkr

• 48 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:51 AM

Sorry for the late reply-- but I wanted to chime in too!

I was originally looking at Key West but eventually scrapped the idea because it was a little challenging (and pricey) to get to. My guests wouldn't want to do the drive from Miami, and flight access looked slim. SO, we ended up choosing Delray Beach, which is in between Palm Beach and Ft. Lauderdale. I have fallen in love with Delray, it is also logistically super convenient and cheap to get to (thanks JetBlue!). But most importantly, I adore the venue we have chosen-- the Sundy House. It feels like a destination wedding, yet without the hassle of being too far away.

Good luck choosing your place, it's a tough decision to make!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users