Moon Dance Cliffs

Does anyone know if you can bring in outside food? I know when I originally called, they said there were no vendor fees. I wasn't too impressed with the two cake bakers they gave me. I found a play in montego bay called "bake-a-wish" and I really think their work is cleaner....we were also thinking of having a dessert bar. I emailed Kerry, but I haven't heard back from her. I didn't see anything in writing that would prevent us from having a dessert bar from an outside vendor....especially since its something the hotel cannot provide. Has anyone asked about outside food and bev?

Hi Carrierae,

I spoke to Kerry about the same thing.....the CAKE!!!!!  She does not have an issue with you finding another cake vendor and bringing in the cake/desserts.  One of my girlfriends is a cake decorator and I even spoke to Kerry about using their kitchen for her to decorate my cake; and she didn't have a problem with that.  We decided against that, but I'm going to checkout bake-a-wish and see what types of cakes they have.  Thank you for sharing!!!

Robin

OMG I love love love your dress!

Originally Posted by carrierae View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraJo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrierae View Post

Lara...Thank you so much for posting those! They are beautiful! Those are in my wedding colors and just what I was looking for!

Carrierae - I wasn't sure if you were talking about the flowers I'm using as inspiration for the bouquets (the pinks) or the ones I'm using as inspiration for the centerpieces (the greens), so here are links to both:

Ginger Lily Bouquets: http://chelseaelizabeth.com/tag/barbara-and-jason/

Rockhouse White, Green & Purple wedding:  http://www.elizabethannedesigns.com/blog/2010/06/17/jamaica-destination-wedding/

I swear each one is more beautiful than the next! I'm so happy to finally be able to post pictures!

I was using them from the first one. I already talked to floral fantasies...they said they can do the bridal and bridmaids flowers...the brides bouquet was within the amount Moon Dance Cliffs gave me!

Things are wrapping up! I just have to book my cake and food for the cocktail hour, find my bridesmaid dresses, and make the formal invites! We already booked up our blocked rooms...guests are being told to reserve their rooms asap to ensure they can stay at the resort!

I just ordered my wedding dress this past weekend! :)

mollybydavidtutera.jpg

Hi all, I've been reading the discussion on the wedding cake. We used Myrie Cakes, and she did a wonderful job! 3 flavors were picked, I emailed her a picture of what my daughter wanted:

cake with shells.jpgand this is the cake she made: wedding cake.jpg

My main suggestion is to have individual cake boxes so your guests can carry wedding cake back to their rooms to enjoy later. The cake was delicious, but most people were fulled, the staff cut the cake in very small slices, and I believe most of the wedding cake went home with the staff!

Hi All,

It's been kinda quiet on the forum lately.  It's almost time for my big day (April 8, 2011) and I'm sooooo not ready!!!!  Is there anyone else on the forum that I may have the opportunity to bump into?

DMob - Thanks for sharing the cake pics.  Miss Myrie did a GREAT job!!!!!  I've seen other pics of her work and this is the best yet!!!!

LaraJo - When you went to Floral Fantasies, was it setup like a florist in the U.S.?  Could you go in, make a selection, and walk out with a bunch of flowers they have in stock?

Thanks again, ladies.

Robin

Hi Robin - Sorry, but Floral Fantasies is not really like any florist I've been to. There are some flowers in buckets in the front when you first come in, a work table on the left wall and a fridge where they keep some flowers, some shelving on the right where they have some vases and that's about it. They do have some selection of flowers, but I would NOT suggest going in the week of (or right before) your wedding and trying to pull together some arrangements. You probably could put together a bouquet, but I don't know if they'd have the variety of things you'd want to choose from. It's a very small operation on the upper level of a strip mall. You should probably look at some arrangements you'd like and send Rosemarie the pictures. They're certainly capable, but I don't know if they'd have enough in stock on short notice.

Thanks, LaraJo.  That is exactly what I needed to know.  I will start looking for flowers online.  I picked out an arrangement from her selection and the price was $85....a little more than I planned to spend.  So now I'm on a mission.  Thanks so much for the info. --- Robin